Chapter 75:

YOUR P.O.V.

I shut the front door to the house when I look around. The rest of the guys aren't here. "Where are they?" I ask Mattia as I direct my gaze back to him

But he just stares down at his knuckles as he massages them with his opposite hand. And then he looks up at me, as if he's snapped out of a trance. "Hm?"

"The boys. Are they still inside?" I ask

He takes a minute before responding. "Oh- uhh yeah. I think so"

"Are you okay?" I ask as I get closer to him. I take his hand and he lets me, as I observe his skin. It's red and swollen.

I look up at him and he shrugs. "I'm fine"

"Did you hit him?"

"Yeah. What else was I supposed to do?"

"Mattia you don't know how much trouble you can yourself into" I say as I rub his arm.

"You know how much jail time he'll face if we report him to the cops?"

I shrug. "I know" I say as I look around the quiet block. "Can we just get the guys and go" I ask

He takes his phone out of his pocket and texts someone, who I'm assuming is one of the guys. And then a moment later he says, "they said they're gonna take care of him because he's pretty fucked up right now" Mattia says as he smirks. "Good. At least I did something"

I shake my head. "Let's just go before something else happens"

"Nothing else would happen Dawn"

"Cmon lets go" I repeat as I watch him follow me down the lawn and we walk home.

-
We enter the house accompanied by the warm heat filling the air and I sigh of relief that I made it out of the situation with Mattia not in a police car.

He sits on the couch and glares at me as I take my shoes off. I look up at him and smile subtly. "What?"

"You look so beautiful" he says causing me to feel my skin blush.

"Thanks" I reply as I take a seat next to him on the couch. I feel him place his arm around me. "Baby I hope you know I'm here for you" he says calmly causing me to tremble. I don't know why.

I guess I'm not used to this anymore. Not like I was before.

"I know" I say nodding. "Do you needa put hot water on your knuckles since they're bruised?" I add trying to change the subject I find all too cringey

"No they're fine. I can still do a lot with them" he says whispering near me as he pulls me closer to him. And then I look up at him and find him observing all of my features. And everything I find insecure within myself.

And then he kisses my cheek where my bruise is but it doesn't hurt me. He looks up at me and smiles.

"What?" I ask

"Just kiss me already" he laughs making me grin as I plant my lips on his. And I find us closer together than ever with his hand moving up my leg in a motion that's so soft it's almost too soft. The kiss deepens when the doorbell rings. "Shit" he mutters as he stands and walks to open the door.

I watch as he turns the knob and hear his voice raise. "Why are they here!" He yells and then a voice that sounds like Alejandro's replies with:

"They need to talk to you both! Hear them out, bro chill!"

"Chill?" Mattia yells as I walk to the door fast and over his shoulder I can see Jenna and Wes standing far from each other as they make eye contact with me.

"Dawn please-" Wes begins. His face is messed up. Bruised, and blood still makes it's way down his cheek.

"Don't talk to her!" Mattia yells at him causing the guy to stop in his tracks. "You have no business talking with her"

"Mattia I have to explain myself to her" Jenna says as she looks at him sympathetically. Mattia turns to me shaking his head.

"They need to leave" he says quietly while I stare down at the ground.

"Just let them in I guess" I say quietly. "You have five minutes" I say as I I turn and walk to the couch. As I sit down I see Mattia push Wes inside and slam the door. And then he makes his way over to me and places his hand on my thigh as he sits besides me, eyeing Wes who's on the opposite couch

"Five minutes start now"

A/n: sorry I didn't update yesterday I got the flu and I still have it but I had to upload another chapter for you all.

Also, my next chapter of You Saved Me-Kairi Cosentino has been updated two days ago so be sure to check it out:)