Chapter 91:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

I enter the house and walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water when I see Gianluca already in there; observing items of food in the fridge.

"Hey Gian" I say as I scruff the top of his head. She scrunches his nose and pushes me off of him. And then begins hitting me

"Woah woah woah fine" I say as I lift my hands up to surrender.

"How was practice?" I ask the boy as I grab a glass from the cupboard

"It was cancelled" he says.

I nod as I turn on the water filter and place my cup underneath it. "So what did you do all this time?"

"Play fortnite. Duh" he says with a subtle laugh.

"Of course" I begin. "Y'know there's other people living in this house. Dawn was here. You didn't talk to her?"

He shakes his head. "She went out for a few and then came back and went right downstairs"

"Oh" I say as I place the glass cup on the countertop. That reminded me to go check up on her. "Imma go say hi to her" I begin as I exit the room

I walk downstairs slowly only to see Dawn laying in bed with the blanket over her body. She's positioned so that she's not facing me. And I slowly sit on the edge of the bed;holding onto her waist as I lean in and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Baby" I say as I rub my pointer finger along her cheek

She doesn't answer me. I place another kiss on her face when I'm met with a tear. Just a single tear. "Dawn?Baby?" I say as I turn her on her back so she's facing me. She immediately covers her face with her hands and I sit her up as I try to figure out what's wrong. "What happened my love"

She shakes her head continuously and places one hand under her covers as she pulls something out from underneath. Her eyes are puffy and stained with a light shade of red.
I feel her breath heavien up as she takes my hand and using the other, places something in between my palm. I look at her once more before looking down at my hand and seeing it

My heart sinks and beats faster as I observe the item I'm looking at. Two red  lines move down the center. One a darker shade than the other. I observe the writing on the side. Two lines means...

"Dawn" I say as I meet her eyes again.

"I'm sorry" she says

I shake my head as I pull her close to me. "Sorry for what" as I massage her thighs.

"I'm pregnant" she bites her lip as she cries

"How is that your fault"

"It's completely my fault. I should have taken birth control. I should've—I- I could've done something to prevent this!"

"Everything happens for a reason"

"Don't talk to me with that bullshit Mattia" she she says. "I don't- I don't know what to do"

"Well I don't know either"

"Fuck" she says louder as she lies back down. "I'm not eighteen and  I can't get consent for an abortion"

"Dawn"

"And if we keep it what will I do! I'll be disowned by my mother! I haven't spoken to my father in years and when I do and he asks me how I am what do I tell him?"

"Please just-"

"That I'm pregnant? 'Oh hey dad how've you been? Good? Also- when you left I got pregnant senior year of high school' He left my mom and I and I get pregnant ?"

"Dawn just listen to me" I say. "It's up to you. We can find a way to get consent or-"

"Or what" she says.

"Or we can work it out. We can make it work"

"How"

It goes quiet for a second. And her eyes plead for a response. But I'm.. I'm wordless.

"We'll make it work" I begin. "I- I promise"

"Promise what"

"That I'll stay with you through all this. That I'll support every decision you make. We'll do this together . Right?"

She doesn't reply as she looks away from me.

"Right ?" I say lifting her chin. She nods hesitantly.

"Right"

A/n: I uploaded my Alejandro story. Please be sure to check it out I think it's pretty cool 🥺