Chapter 66:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

"What the fuck!" I yell as I stand. My hearts racing and aching all at the same time. How could I be so oblivious. How could she be so willing to give in to him.

To Wes.

She shakes her head as she places her hand on my chest but I push her away,shaking my head. She takes a step away from me, her breathing intensifying

"Mattia!" She yells as she winces. "Listen to me!"

"No!" I yell. And then I sigh. I know she didn't want this.

But she has a voice. She knows how to use it.

I can't keep going through this with her.

"I came all the way to see you! And you're letting him touch you!" I yell as I look over at Wes. I lean in across the table extending my fist out to hit him when she holds me back.

I pull my arm back, shocked. "And you still defend him?"

She winces. "Mattia what did you want me to do? I felt threatened by him!"

"You have a mouth, Dawn!" I sigh. "It's not an excuse anymore!"

She shakes her head. "Not an excuse? It never was an excuse to begin with" she looks down at the ground

I exit the table booth and she tries to hold onto my hand. But I flick my arm and her grip loosens, and then she lets go of me.

"It's over" I say quickly

We lock eyes and then I feel guilty immediately. I gulp.

"It's what?" She asks with tears in her eyes

"Over" I look away from her. "For real this time"

"W-why"

"Because I can't keep doing this. Knowing that the girl I care about is letting other guys touch her. How do you do that to yourself,Dawn?"

She holds onto her arm. "I don't wanna get hurt"she says looking down. "So I just stopped fighting it"

There's a moment of silence.

"But it isn't my fault" she cries. "Please just give me another chance"

"I can't anymore" I say shaking my head. "I'm sorry"

She looks up at me,confused. "You don't mean that"

"I do. I love you. And I care about you. But I just can't—cant be with you like this right now. Not while any of this is going on"

"But you came here to see me"

"And I would do it again"

"And now you're just gonna leave?"

I nod slowly. "I'm sorry. But what do you want me to d-"

She scoffs. "Mattia just leave me alone right now" she says looking away from me as she bites her lip

"Dawn-"

"Leave!" She yells.

Ignoring the stares of customers, I walk past her and push the door open, feeling the brisk air of outside

Did I make a mistake