Chapter 27:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

"Mattia" my mom shakes me awake. "Dawn's here to see you" I look over at my phone. It's 11:30 p.m.

"This late?"

She shrugs and tells Dawn to come in. I see her walk in with her hands folded over her chest. She looks tired and her hair is messier than usual but she's still beautiful in every way.

"Hey"

"Hey" she says back,quietly as she makes her way over to me and sits besides me.

"What're you doing here this late?"

"What difference does it make?" She says as she looks down biting the side of her lip. She sniffles.

"Dawn" I take her hand. She intertwines hers with mine, but she still doesn't look at me. I bring her closer to me and she lays on my chest as I play with her hair.

"Something's bothering you"

She hesitates before she speaks. " Jenna's dating Mar"

I furrow my brows as I chuckle a little. "And that bothers you? I thought you hated him"

She sighs. "I do. I told Jenna what he did to me and she yelled at me. She made it seem like it was my fault and then she kicked me out of her house"

"Why would she do that to you?"

She shrugs as she traces something random on my chest. I kiss her forehead. "I'm here for you,baby. It wasn't your fault."

"I could've avoided it"

"No, no you really couldn't have. Everything happens for a reason. This is only gonna make you stronger"

She buries her face in my chest and I feel a tear fall onto the fabric of my shirt.

"Please, don't cry. I hate seeing you like this"

"I hate feeling like this. Even my mom hates me. I don't know what I did to deserve this"

"You didn't do anything. I don't hate you. It's okay. It's okay" I repeat until I feel her drift asleep.

-

"Dawn get off of him" I shake my head as I open my eyes to see Dawn's mother standing in front of the bed.

"D-Dawn" I say avoiding eye contact. She shakes awake and gets up,rubbing her eyes

"Mom what're you doing here?"

"What're you doing laying on him?" She points to me and I feel my face flush with embarrassment.

"I just fell asleep ma. That's all"

"Well get up because this is blantly disrespectful " she looks at me. "And you, stay away from my daughter. I mean it"

"Is there some reason why you don't like  me being with Dawn?"

"Because you guys are gonna get hurt. You're only in highschool. Focus on school. Focus on your future.  Not this"

"I've known her for years. This isn't some high school relationship. I really care-"

"Stop" she lifts her hand. "I don't wanna hear it right now. You wanna be together? Fine. Be together. But I don't care if one of you gets hurt"

Dawn rolls her eyes as her mother leaves the room. "Unbelievable. I'm sorry about her"

"I get it. She's been through a divorce recently with your dad. She just wants what's best for you"

She kisses my forehead. "Don't worry. She'll come around"

-

Dawn got us food since I can't leave the hospital today and we've been talking about the most random things ever but she still makes it seem so interesting. "Pigeons are technically black doves. Right?"

"Nooo" I laugh. "How? How is a pigeon a black dove?"

"They look the same,don't they? One is just white" we laugh and the door opens. It's Leah.

"Hey" she says holding her phone in her hand. She dyed her hair a darker shade of brown. It looks horrible on her. And she's wearing a crop top with some ripped jeans.

"How did you know I was here?"

"Mattia, you have social media and friends. Of course the word is gonna get around. I just came to see you" she flicks her hair off of her shoulders.

"Are you two .. busy?" She looks at Dawn and then back at me.

"Yes so lea-"

"Mattia" Dawn says. "It's fine" she begins to get up and looks at Leah before heading out of the room.

Leah walks up to me and sits down on the couch next to my bed. She places her phone in her back pocket . "What happened to you, exactly?"

"Nothing" I say bluntly. "Seriously, why are you here"

She furrows her brows. "Is it wrong that I'm checking up on you?"

"I don't know if I should be around you. Just so you know, Dawn and I are happy with each other"

"I know" she nods. "I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable"

I raise my brows. "Wow, I wasn't expecting Leah Meller to say that"

She rolls her eyes playfully. "Chilll. I mean it. And plus, I've met this guy that I think I like"

"Good for you"

Finally

She smiles. "I'm gonna get going. I was just stopping by to say hi. I'll see you in school when you're back"

"Yeah" I smile as she hears out the door. I guess this means no more worrying. Now I can really focus on the girl that means the most to me.

A/N: just so you guys know: if you message me I'm not able to reply back. This app isn't sending me my email verification so I can't reply to any of you:(( but just know I see your support and all your messages really make my day ❤️