Chapter 29:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

I take her soft hands and lead her down into the living room behind me. Her hair's tied up and she's biting her lip awkwardly.

I pass by my mom, who's in the kitchen and she glances at Dawn before looking at me. She stops making dinner and leans on the counter.

"Mattia" she says as she points for me to go to her. I smile awkwardly at Dawn and she goes to sit down on the couch as I walk up to my mom.

"Yeah?"

"I'm not stupid. These walls aren't soundproof" she folds her arms. I laugh to myself as I cover my face with one hand.

"Sorry mama"

"I don't care if you do it as long as you're responsible"

I raise my brows. "Wow mama I wasn't expecting you to say that" she shrugs and tilts her head.

"You're a teenage boy with a girlfriend. It's fine."

I smile at her and she nods her head letting me go back to sit with Dawn. As I sit down next to her on the couch, she turns to me and paces her hand on my leg

"I'm sorry" she says quickly.

"For what?"

She shakes her head "Can we just forget that ever happened? It shouldn't have happened here i was moving too fast I shouldn't have-"

I take her hand. "It's fine, Dawn. She doesn't care" she looks over at my mom who's making food, and back to me, her hair flicking in her face.

"Really?"

I nod and she places her hands over her mouth. "My mom would actually flip out if that happened in my house" she laughs and lays her head on my shoulder.

I can't believe I really did that with her,though. I'm so happy. Actually—happy is an understatement. I'm ecstatic. My adrenaline is going through the roof.

I wasn't expecting us to have sex so fast. But it feels like I've waited years to be able to even kiss her. I'm happy she agreed to it. If she didn't, that would be fine. I'll obviously respect that.

But I really didn't expect myself to do that. I don't know what was going through my head.

-

Dawns phone starts ringing. She looks up at me. "It's my mom"

"Answer it" I say as she accepts the call.

"Hey m-"

"Why are you at his house?" I hear her yell through the phone.

"At who's house?"

"You think I'm an idiot ? I can track where you are. You're with Mattia and I told you—oh my god Dawn you don't listen!" She says as her volume increases. Dawn stands and starts walking in circles.

"I was just over for a few,ma"

"Yeah yeah 'I was over for a few' my ass! Get home, now! "

"I'm sorry" she says as her white lace top sways on her body. "I'm on my way" and then her mom hangs up.

I cringe. "She seems mad"

"She is" she sighs and moves her hair out of her face. "I guess I should get going" she grabs her shoes.

"Dawn" my mom says from the kitchen. "Where are you going? I was just making us dinner"

"I'm sorry Mrs.Polibio" she says walking towards the door. "My mom really wants me home now"

"Are you sure you don't wanna take a plate of food with you?"

"No,no, thank you though"

My mom smiles.

I walk up to her and hug her tightly before leaving. She still smells like perfume.

"I wish you didn't have to leave" I say as I place my chin on her head.

"I knowww" she says back. She lifts her head and kisses me lightly. "But I'll see you at school" she smiles and I say bye as she leaves.

"Wait!" I yell. She turns back. "Here" I say as I grab my champion hoodie off of the rack and hand it to her.

"Thanks" she blows me a kiss as she walks off the porch.