Chapter 2:

◈  ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ MATTIA'S P

◈  ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ MATTIA'S P.O.V.
✁✂︎✃✉︎◈✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎✃✉︎✁✂︎

Bro snap out of it"

I blink my eyes. Everyone's looking at me.

"You keep looking at her do you know her or something ?" Kairi says. He turns around and looks at her, trying to see why I keep looking over her way.

"Nah I don't know her " I say. 

But truth is, i do. Her name's Dawn Castrin.

I know her very well actually. She was my best friend. My only girl bestfriend. And she was my first crush.

She was the person that added so much happiness to my day. She was the person I loved the most, for so long

But I was too pussy to ever admit that to her.

I would've never thought we would stop talking so suddenly. I mean, honestly that's on me. I got a girlfriend and forgot how to act. And I lost both of them in the end.

I regret losing Dawn more, though. And I know our friendship will never be the same as it was.

Ever.

I read her letter. And I found it really.. cute of her to write that about me. I haven't talked to her in years. Since ninth grade , I think?

And I wouldn't have thought she saw me that way

She asked me if I had her letter. Part of me wanted to ignore her question and hug her and tell her I'm sorry. But the other part of me felt guilty.

She looks ... different than i remember her looking. She's definitely matured in terms of her body. But I wouldn't mind it if she had looked the same as she did years ago

The last time I received a note from someone about how they felt about me, it was from my ex girlfriend Leah. Telling me we should break up because things weren't going the way she wanted them to go.

I cried for days. I loved Leah. I loved her for that whole year we dated. And she broke things off because she said we wasn't "happy". Oh well.

She was toxic

But this letter's sweet. And this time it's from Dawn.

She's not like the other girls I've seen and found attractive. She doesn't have straight blonde or brown hair and white skin. She has wavy brown hair with tan  skin and freckles that spread from her cheeks to her nose.

"She's kinda cute" Alejandro says.

I look up at him. He looks at me and laughs.

"Look at how fed up you're getting" he continues chuckling.

"I'm not fed up. And I don't care if you find her cute"  Eh. Kinda.

I look over at her. She's laughing with another girl that I'm guessing is her friend. She's way prettier than her, though. And then she looks at me and her eyes shift away immediately.

"I'm gonna go talk to her" Alejandro says. He begins to stand up.

"Why. Why would you go talk to her" I say looking up at him.

"Because why not" he walks over to her table and I find myself becoming shy to look over. I'm not the type to be this way but I don't know .. She's different.

They're talking and she and her friend start laughing. I wanna go over there. I don't want Alejandro to get too close with her.

Eventually he gets up and I see him saying bye and then he makes his way back over.

"No no stay longer" Kairi says sarcastically. Ale starts laughing.

He looks at me as if he's waiting for me to say something.

"Yes?" I say.

"So her name's Dawn and I got her number" he says. He looks at me smiling. "And I told her she should come over when we're all hanging out."

"Sounds good" Alvaro says.
-

The schools day's finally over. I walk outside and see Alvaro and Ale talking to her.

I make my way over and she smiles at me. "Hey" I say

"Hey, Mattia" she says back. She's so much shorter than me.

I catch my eyes lingering to what she's wearing and it's exactly this :

I looks back up at her face and she catches me looking at her. She smiles and of course, I smile too.

I can't stop looking at her and I have no idea why. Every five seconds I catch myself observing the subtlest things about her.

"Dawn, why don't you come over later?" He says. "I sent you my address so just be over at 5:30"

She nods. "Okay"

I wonder how I'm gonna tell her I know what she wrote about me. Maybe I shouldn't?