Chapter 24:

MATTIA'S P.O.V.

"Uhm, y-yeah bring her in" I say as I clear my throat. The nurse leans half of her body out the door as she gestures to someone. I see my mom's figure as she gets closer to the door and then once she enters she runs up to me.

"Mattia" she says under her breathe as she embraces me and kisses my head about a million times. Her strong perfume scent begins to give me a headache.

"Mom, my arm hurts" I try to say as she squeezes her arms around me into a hug. But she backs away immediately.

"I'm sorry. I was so worried for you" she tucks her black strands of hair away from her face as she turns to Dawn.

"And you-" she says in a serious tone.

Dawns face goes pale. "I'm really sorry Mrs.Polibio it was unintentional-"

My mom walks up to her and kisses her forehead. "Don't be sorry,baby. I couldn't imagine anyone better for Mattia than you. I really don't mind that you both went out and what happened was an accident" she looks at her meaningfully.

I'm really happy that my mom sees Dawn as someone good for me. Because I see her in that light too. But her mother clearly doesn't see me as any good for Dawn. I don't know why— I really care about her daughter.

And I mean it when i say that.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone for now but if you need me I'll be with Dawn's mom in the cafeteria"

We both nod and watch as she walks out of the room and shuts the door behind her.

"Well that went better than I thought it would" I smile at her. She looks at me weakly.

"It did. But my mom on the other hand-" she says expressionlessly. "—she doesn't think the same way that your mom does"

"Who cares" I say bluntly. Because really, who does care? The only people that matter are Dawn and I. And I wanna be with Dawn.

And it's killing me that I'm not giving her the 100% that I know I could give her.

I begin to  sit up.

"Be careful" she says

I smile as I lean over to her.

"What are you doing?" She begins laughing as she sits up as well. She places her head to mine and her eyes are downcast to the floor. I can hear her tense breathing. I don't know if she's nervous or happy. I can't always read her.

"I wanna be official" I say as I look into her eyes.

"We can't" she shakes her head as she sighs.

"No. We can. I don't care about what other people think. I've waited for so long to be with you" I plead.

"I've waited long too." She chuckles to herself. "I've liked you since before you even thought about liking me"

I lift her chin. "Dawn"

Her eyes begin glossing. "I've liked you for forever. I just never got the chance to tell you at the time"

She plants her lips onto mine and places her hands on my cheeks. I pull away.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She smiles and nods. "Yes. Yes, a million time yes" I lean in closer and hug her.

"We don't have to tell your mom,right now, if you don't want to" she looks up at me as her hands are set on my chest.

"I'm gonna tell her."

I nod slowly.

Will she change her mind if her mom says she doesn't want us together?

"Don't worry" she says softly, her voice making me smile unintentionally. "I'm not gonna let anything between us"

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday there was a lot on my mind but I'll update a lot this weekend ❤️