Chapter 47:

YOUR P.O.V.

Lightly, I place my hand inside of his jacket pocket, grasping onto the phone, and placing it under my shirt. I pull away from him.

How else would I get my phone back?

"This was fun but, I gotta go"

He looks at me startled, his face looks hazy. "Where are you going?"

He tries to hold onto the belt buckles of my jeans but I speed walk out of the laser tag room, barely interrupting the game, and find the exit.

Once I'm out of the store and down the escalators, I walk out of the mall. I quickly open up my phone and begin texting Mattia back

Me: that sounds great. I'll be over in a few :)

-

I walk towards the bus stop as the bus approaches and take my metro card out of my phone case. I'm lucky it's there or else I would have no way home. Or at least to Mattia's house.

After a very long ride, I stumble out of the bus and the cold dry air hits me in the face almost immediately.

I zip up my jacket and walk up the block until I reach Mattia's house. I text him

Me: I'm outside
Read

I stand with my legs close to each other as I shiver , wondering how much longer until he'll open the door for me. But within a minute, I find the door knob moving

He opens up, and is quickly startled by the harsh cool air as he rubs his arms. "Come in" he says. I walk inside and he shuts the door behind me. It feels like I've walked into an oven.

He looks at me, smiling. I observe his plaid pajamas.

"What?" He smiles

"Nothing, I've just never seen you wear pajamas" I laugh. "You're always dressed to go out"

He chuckles as he helps me take off my jacket. "Well, my mom just bought these for me and practically made me wear them"

I smile as he effortlessly hangs my stuff on a rack. It would take me being on my tip-toes to place anything on there

"My parents left for work since they got night shift today. Wanna watch t.v.?"

I nod and plop down besides him on the couch. He opens up to Netflix and asks me what I'd wanna watch. "Anything" I say.

He looks at me and grins as he places the remote down on the couch.

"What?" I say grinning back at him but still confused.

He slips his fingers in between mine and raises my hand to his lips. He kisses it lightly. "I've missed this" he says calmly.

I frown slightly. "Me too"

"What are we, Dawn?"

I sigh. "I don't want one of us to make a mistake again and then have it ruin everything"

He stares down at our interconnected hands and tightens the grip slightly as he looks back up at me. "I promise I won't-"

I shake my head and he stops talking. "No promises"

"I won't break it, please. I just wanna be with you" he says quietly

"I wanna be with you too but it doesn't mean we can"

More than friends- MATTIA POLIBIO 😩😍जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें