Soul Connection ?

I could recognize that voice anywhere. "ASIMMMM!? Omg where've you been?" I exclaimed pulling him into a hug. Asim has been my best friend for almost all of my school life. He was someone I liked spending time with him because he understood what I felt without me having to explain. He's someone I could lean on for bringing at least some positivity into my day.
(I personally loved the equation Asim, Sidharth and Shehnaaz shared in the initial weeks)
As - "Pehla Te HAPPY BIRTHDAY yr swer da pta nhi kithe busy si tu and main Bas university applications...honestly it's a headache. Main Te jaana hi nhi si but ki kra parents pressure and everything.. tu das?" he explains wrapping his arms around my waist.
Aaveera smirks at me standing closer "don't be surprised if he confesses something tonight" she says before walking over to the entry. I roll my eyes.. there's nothing like that between us, at least for me. Asim shook me out of my thoughts.
As - "Sana, I asked you something? University da ki bnn ya?"
S - "I'm leaving for Mumbai next week Asim. I got accepted to the university I wanted that too all paid off with scholarships and flat Te car v book kra lyi aa main bas Hun thori bohut shopping baaki aa and then meri flight aa next Monday." I say as he seems genuinely shocked.
As- "MUMBAI?! For how long?"
S - "4 years"
He released me from my arms after giving a dull congratulations and heading down towards the drinks. The whole party went by pretty good but Asim had been ignoring me the whole time and Aaveera got busy with her boyfriend. I didn't want to let that take away from my last party here. For the first time in forever I enjoyed with everyone dancing around having food and even conversations with some of them. As the party came to an end we decided to do something more productive.
As - "Sana you should sing a song for us yr.. I mean before you leave Ik vaar Te talent showcase krna bnnda Na?" He says nudging me.
I was surprised he was even talking to after ignoring me the whole FUCKEN party but decided to obey him anyway.
S - "okay done Pr Punjabi hi gauna main.." I said reaching the stage and receiving a few hoots as assurance. I take the mike closing my eyes as I begin to sing -
" Jadd vi dissda chehra tera
Phir ni lagda dil haye mera x (2)
Kade tere supne vich main
Muskaundi haan ke nai
Lakh kardi tainu yaad
Yaad main aundi haan ke nai x (2)
Dil apne nu bhej suneha
Dil te tainu la baithe haan
Main na rehi hunn tu hi tu ae
Apna aap ganwa baithe haan
3 saal ki baatan taareyan de naal
Paundi haan ke nai
Lakh kardi tainu yaad
Yaad main aundi haan ke nai x (2)
Patjhad pichhon aundi jehdi
Sachi tu bahaar jeha aen
Ishkaan wali tarz chhed di
Tu rabaab di thaar jeha ae
Ni Deepu Kakowalia chete aundi
Aundi ha ke nai
Lakh karda tainu yaad
Yaad main aundi haan ke nai x (2)
Ikko thaan te ghummdi rehna
Teriyan paida chummdi rehna
Deed teri badi khaas mere layi
Khwaab milne de bunndi rehni
Tu vi soch ke dekh zara main
Chaundi haan ke nai
Lakh karda tainu yaad
Yaad main aundi haan ke nai x (2)
Aundi haan ke nai
Aundi  haan ke nai" - I open my eyes hearing everyone clap and hoot again but I was too lost in what I'd just seen. My heart was thumping so loud I was confident people near me could hear. Who was that? Why did I see his face when I closed my eyes..eyes, his eyes. Shaking myself out of my thoughts I left the stage Smiling, genuinely. I walk out of the crowd heading back to my friends. Having all of this done with was going to be a relief..although I loved talking to people and making new friends, the people at this party just weren't the type to do that with. They'd shit talk about you behind your back but suck you off In your face. I didn't fuck with people like that anymore. It's not like I don't talk to them but I talk to them with restrictions keeping the knowledge of knowing them inside out at the back of my head. I'd always been quiet but what these people mistake to be shy was actually being observant. There wasn't a single nerve of shyness in my body.
As - "Sana can we talk? 2 mins please?"
I nod moving out with him.
Please don't let Aaveera be right pleaseee.. shit I'm gonna lose my mind if any of that happens right now. I'm already so confused with what just happened. And He knows I don't love him like that.. I don't love anyone but my career like that.
As - "look Sana I know what I'm gonna say is really outta the box and unexpected and maybe even unrealistic but I can't suppress it anymore," he takes my hands in his stopping ad we reach my car. " I love you.. like I really really fucken love you and I can't let you go to Mumbai with that. I know your career is the most important thing to you but yr ethe course krla Na? Move out but somewhere closer. Nhi Te I'm also joining in Mumbai. Fer we can figure us out while living together.."
S - "Asim shut up will you?" I shout cutting his sentence. "You know I don't feel like that for you. I never have never will.. you're only my best friend! I don't love you and how could you even ask me to leave behind my dream college or dream place even? You know how hard I've worked just to be able to leave once I was old enough. I started working at 3 shops for this all while still in school and even designing along with photography. Just this year I was awarded for my photography skills at a national level and got promoted into the dream company. I've started building my dream life and I will not let anyone take this away. My certificates represent my efforts.. the same efforts everyone fails to realize. How could you expect me to give that up? And no you're not coming with me, not after this for sure. I'm going there for myself.. my own peace and satisfaction. I'm leaving my family behind and you too. This is a new start for me, and I wanna keep it that way." I say coldly walking into my car as I send Aaveera a text about me leaving. Why does everyone have to be so difficult?