Shoot, Allegation & Trust

Si - "Shehnaaz? Mera wallet kaha rakha hai? Itni baar kaha hai ki samaan na chheda kr mera"

I walk inside finding the wallet right on his side of the dressing table. "Teri aakhein khrab hai toh main kya kru? Aur Abhi please 5 minutes mein niche aaja, late hogyi toh extra time lgega" I say passing him the wallet. He nods reading another email on his phone. I move back outside picking up my chunni from the chair, making sure the stoves and coffee maker was turned off. Maa had already gone downstairs to see Preeti di, needing to help her shop for new furniture. We head back down to the cafe that had pretty much become our meeting place. It was a small place not having much of a rush for most of the days. Sidharth came along like always, I liked bringing him along knowing it would be better considering his knowledge about both the scripts and agreements. I'd almost cost myself a show I definitely didnt want to do the one time I decided to do this without him. We sat through the next 3 hours of discussion regarding the next shoot. It was a music video, pretty simple but it was also for a cameo in a short film. We signed both that and a shoot for an ad with the both of us. We decided to stay back for a small lunch as well sneaking into the small room in the back. The projects seemed to be lined up exactly to his liking, around 4-5 for both of us finishing up in the last week of December. We had a few ad shoots after that but he'd made all of them home shoots deciding to shoot them in either of our other flats.

S - "Bebu? Tera woh Pune wala shoot next week shuru hoga na?"

"Yaad dilana zaroori hai abhi? Pehle ek month ka shoot confirm krdia aur for yeh extra week. Zyada hi door nhi rakh rahi ab khud se ?" He questioned very clearly annoyed at me for confirming projects he'd decided to cancel because of locations too far away to return home everyday. Laughing I move across the table sitting beside him on the sofa sitting beside him taking the plate of food in my hand. "Shoot pe bag mein band krke leja, chup chap chal lungi. Sirf Pune jaa raha hai. Aur tujhe bhi pta hai ki kyun bhej rahi hu. Mera bas chale toh ghar pr hi rakhu tujhe pr nhi kr skti na?" I explain continuing to pass him spoonfuls of food.

Si - "Toh tune khud kyun woh tour cancel kiya tha? Woh bhi toh kaam tha na?"

S - "Tere bday pe bhi bahar hoti. Itna lamba door nhi rehna mujhe. Tu sirf mahine k liye jayega aur main shoot pe aa bhi skti hu. Shoot nhi hota toh Abhi chalti"

"Doctor appointment le li?" He asks a second later completely ignoring the topic from before. He'd been in the same zone as last night almost all morning. Just like I'd imagined. He was far more of a thinker than myself. I knew that as much as anyone else. He'd even think about the smallest of mistakes for long enough to understand why exactly he reacted the way he did. "Haan parso, pr unhone phone pe hi bta diya ki jab bhi pills chode toh I'll have irregular dates, cramps aur sab bhi bad jayenge so abhi chod du toh better rahega." I repeat the words I'd heard on the call. I'd known from before too but I restrained from telling him knowing he'd most likely not let me do it.

Si - "Tu gussa nhi hai na? Mtlb January wali baat se? "

"Gussa nhi hu, humara collective decision hona chahiye yeh. Main ready hu toh yeh zaroori nhi ki tu bhi hai. Time chahiye toh I should give you it."

Sidharth :

Itd been around 2 weeks since the hospital visit. I didn't express it but it felt disheartening finding the news to be false. The reason behind not saying it was her. I didn't want her to be saddened further than she already was. Even through all the stress I'd seen a new found excitement shining off of her face. An excitement I wanted to keep there. My sisters and even Maa they'd found out about her getting it tested too, since then stories about their own times were ringing around the house. Obviously there was no mention of the hardships, they were only telling her the happy parts because thats all the really remembered. I'd like to agree that the positives were way over the negatives. Having a kid... my own family was something I'd always wanted. Desired even. Now as it was becoming a possibility in reality, I was feeling both on top of the world and locked away. I didn't want to restrict her career in the midst of an ocean of projects. She didn't mind but I wasnt to sure about doing so. Not when she herself was taking it upon herself to make sure I accepted the offers I'd been waiting for without a second thought about everything back home. She respected my work much like she did her own. Understanding the commitments and not even fussing over shoot locations or times.