Home

Shehnaaz :

Asees Kaur Shukla... I smiled softly whispering it against her sleeping face. Ig was perfect. She indeed was a blessing of god and definitely an angelic princess. I still remember having asked Sidharth if we could use Kaur as her middle name wanting her to grow up with the same pride I did. I wanted her to share both cultures a unison of values and morals. Sidharth being Sidharth had agreed coming up with the most blissfully beautiful name. I stare at my little world, a family I got to call my own. One I'd built alongside my everything. The reoccurring times people had told me all those hardships werent worth it rung through my mind. Self proclaimed well wishers, news anchors, random people on Twitter who found themselves fit to speak in between what lies within the premises of our home or even friends who thought being with him would only cause me to dwell in further problems. They seemed like jokes now, then and they perhaps forever will. A love like ours didn't fit their society norms because we werent in the love that expired after 6 months. They couldnt digest the idea that we shared something so much deeper than what they saw at base. I wasnt losing myself being with him instead in full honesty he helped me find my true self. He was all I'd had and that was more than enough. Now we had another soul birthed from the unison of our own. I looked at her admiring how easily she had the both of us wrapped around herself ever since she was born. The new depths of love seemed to have come along. I promised myself multiple times to give her the best of both worlds and still be there with her if ever, god forbid, her world took a toll on her. I was going to be the best friend I'd never had until Maa came along.

Si - "Baby? Kuch khayegi bahar se? Abhi toh coffee bhi le skti hai if you want"

"Nah, bhook nhi hai. Aur mujhe bahar se coffee nhi peeni, tere wali chai chahiye" I mumble missing the simple taste of it at the mention. I hadn't had it in much too long. "No more dudh ?" He asked chuckling perhaps remembering the distaste I had for it. "Never, mujhe hi pta hai kaise peeya maine itna time." I revert tugging at my chunni to rid the itch against my neck. I look outside eyeing the filling streets. I hadnt touched my phone in 2 days, the disconnect from media felt healthy, de stressing. I also knew I'd have to get back on it and explain my short leave in the most efficient way possible I wouldnt be returning to work for at least a year, I wouldnt be able to put myself to. Sidharth stopped the car in front of a small sweet shop most likely to pick up the order he'd been placing for about a day. He'd really just been the typical new father for the past 48 hours. Managing the relatives calls and addressing how happy he was to have his princess throughout at least 5 hours a day. I couldnt help but feel the happiness radiating off of him. He sat back inside loading the bags of sweets boxes he'd bought for a few people we knew in our building. He'd very easily demolished the idea I heard his aunt say last week. He was definitely happy having a daughter and he wasn't backing down from showing it.

We get home another 10 minutes later with Asees peeking out of her seat keenly. I knew she was going to be hungry soon based off of the usual time difference she'd feed with the past day. She needed milk every 45 - 50 minutes. I let Sidharth carry her in the seat covered under the shield of the hood. I didn't want no eyes prying at her just yet. Maa chimes as we rung the door bell, opening the door with a aarti thaal situated in one hand while the other clutched the handle. Sidharth puts Asees in my arms standing with one arm around the both of us while the other held the seat. Moving inside I sit down against the sofa catching my breath from the short walk upstairs while Sidharth moves around the house putting everything in place. Tonight was a small official naming ceremony for family. We decided to keep the name to ourselves until then. They knew we'd had the naamkarn at the gurudwara but the name itself was still a mystery. I take the glass of water maa handed over thanking her for the same as she sat beside me pulling Asees into her arms.

"Room mein rest krlo kuch der, shaam ko sab aayenge toh tu poora time idhar hi baithegi. Thoda rest krlo, main udhar hi aayi hu khana lekar aur tum teeno k liye shaam k dresses rakhe hai room mein. " Maa says getting up about 10 minutes later. I give her a nod walking into the room with the baby while Sidharth followed behind shortly bringing the cup of chai as promised. I sat down in bed pulling Asees against the feeding pillow we'd made sure to buy beforehand. I wanted anything but her to feel discomfort as she feeds.

Si - "chai pee le pehle, abhi fuss krna start nhi kiya hai.I'll hold her until then. "

I nod letting him pick her up, unwrapping the blanket I'd wrapped her in. He lay down beside me placing her against his chest. I took the cup he'd brought staring at them while I drank the tea. I was happy I could ho back to at least some of my eating habits. Especially chai, Sidharths to be precise. I was done with having to wake up to healthy juices or milk. "We're parents.. officially. " Sidharth murmured playing with her little fisted arm. I gave him a smile relaxing my back against the headboard pulling the pregnancy pillow between my legs. "Its so surreal...she's so surreal. Complete feel ho raha hai iske aane se. I need nothing more, not a single thing" he continues softly caressing her cheeks. I lean towards him slightly resting my free hand in his hair, watching him awe over our daughter. He groans hearing his phone ring for approximately the 50th time since we'd left the hospital. I urge him to go get it while I throw off the suit too I had on pulling up the soft blanket I'd cuddled her in before I picked her up making sure not to lean too much. I was glad I'd bought the pregnancy tank tops in time to take to the hospital. They were a great help both for my comfort and the ease to feed. Asees latched on almost immediately fisting one of her hands against my chest like each of the last 3 time. I look back at Sidharth who takes a deep breath throwing his phone against the sofa. "Kya hua?" I ask finding him very suddenly stressed.

Si - "Someone saw us leaving the hospital, pictures are all over twitter. Face nhi dikha but the seat and all the bags were visible. Kaushal tried handling it but its undo able."

** Last of 2 short chapters and then the Epilogue. Ive been a little busy so lets hope I have everything uploaded this weekend😊♥️