Engagement & Haldi

I jump hearing a sudden loud knock on the door. I move over opening it almost letting out a scream seeing Sidharth. He hushed me placing a hand across my lips, moving the both of us inside as he locked the door.

S - "Sidharth dimaag kharab hai tera? Yaha kya kr raha hai? Nani maa Naraaz ho jayengi Dekh liya toh"

"Aur main? Khud ki shaadi or taras raha hu biwi se Milne ko." He murmured fixing up my hair, very clearly liking the look of both the chunni and sindoor just as much as myself. His smile widened just gazing at it as he fixed up how the chunni was laid. I giggled placing my hands over his shoulders letting him do as he pleased. "Abhi 3 din hai biwi Bnn me Mein, Mr Shukla" I say as he finally steps away.

Si - "Aur 5 din baad honeymoon. Location guess kri Abhi ya giving up?"

I smiled remembering his small pact on the way here. He'd asked me to correctly guess the honeymoon location he'd already booked or else give up my phone for the entire 3 week trip. Neither of which I minded. Honestly I wanted to leave it a surprise. Mostly for the fun of it but then again I'd need to pack clothes and in no way was I going to pack things I'd never be able to wear. "Surprise hi rehne de vas yeh bol ki kya pack karun" I voice the exact thoughts moving over and sitting across his lap. His head habitually nuzzled into the crook of my neck, breathing calming the next second. Till date I found it almost magical as to how much calmer HE get the instant he did so.
His usual loud breaths almost inaudible. "Pack krne ki kya Zaroorat baby? You're not gonna wear any of it anyways" I heard him whisper the smirk almost clear in his voice. I smacked his shoulder pulling his head up. "Tu sone k liye honeymoon pe jayega? Ghumna bhi hai na? Ya vaise hi ghumu bahar?" I asked lacing my hand into his hair. He gave me a lopsided smile, moving his hands further down my back.

Si - "Room mein rahenge poora time. Itni der baad privacy milegi, I'm taking advantage of it to the max"

"Kutta... kuch nhi milega. Jo bhi place choose ki hai pehle woh poora tour karenge Baaki sab baad mein" I say smacking his cheek lightly. The bickering continued another half an hour until I kicked him out of the room to send him to get ready on time. He'd probably still spend another 10 minutes complaining about the outfit and it not being as precisely ironed as he wanted. I myself ran around the entire room grabbing all the pins and jewelry boxes I needed. The makeup already very usefully laid across the table. I pulled off the ring he'd given me for the first time since I'd gotten it. The stain of the band almost engraved into my finger. I'd been adamant on keeping it on even in shoots. No one seemed to mind much. The reason although may not be my stubbornness and more the aura of the person that put it on. I loved how much people were scared of him. It was like a dream come true. Everyone knew his stubborn and workaholic nature but to me he was Sidharth. My Sidharth. The one that ran around the house to me to see pictures, cried like a baby anytime I was even slightly injured or even the fact that he couldn't see me cry and would literally beat the fuck out of who caused it. Alongside the pampering he always requires of course. I'd never change it one bit. I liked the way he craved for me. Perhaps even much more than I'd ever admit to.

Sidharth :

I walked back to the small venue across the street from where everyone was staying. I'd wanted to get her a small bouquet to greet her as she stepped into the stage much like how she'd seen in all the wedding videos she's binge watched the past few days. I had no idea of how insanely hard it was though to find one here, the only reason for me being back with one was Raghav who'd already toured the entire valley of shops with Baaz this morning. The suit I was wearing was chosen and styled by Shehnaaz, the colour coordinated with her own. She'd done that for almost all of our outfits along with the families. Right now as I stepped on to stage I wouldn't change any of it. It looked pleasing along with the arrays of lights set up all around the entrance.