Delivery?

3 months later :
November 15, 4:30 am

I lay awake, the series of contractions leaving me short of breath and at loss of sleep. The pain slightly increasing by the second. Sidharth lay against my chest, his soft breaths fanning against my skin, he'd fallen asleep a few hours ago. I'd become used to letting him sleep like this knowing enough to not push him away, he was deprived of me too. The same way as I was. I took another deep breath adjusting softly under him. I wince feeling the baby move again, the belly had dropped preparing for birth, the baby was head down too, absolutely ready for the day to arrive. I was ready too, the pain and exhaustion wanting it all to happen soon enough. I shift facing the window, it was starting to get brighter outside. I move my legs trying to sit up, needing to relax both my back and get another drink of water. My mouth had started to getting drier as the months increased along with the obvious increase in washroom breaks. The belly dropping only increased both due to the pressure it put against my pelvic region. My cervix was already thinning like supposed to, like the doctor predicted increasing both the back pain and the pressure against my stomach. Sidharth moved on to the pillow subconsciously, having gotten used to me slipping away. The pain started to increase the moment I sat up in bed. I let out a low groan due to the same. I took a few deep breaths leaning back to relax my back. I felt a slight leak against my leg, something we'd frown a little used to after the doctor called discharge normal. I stood up leaning against the headboard, huffing to catch my breath from the same. I restrain from waking up Sidharth deciding to let him sleep considering the entire last week. He'd been going out and bringing all the foods I asked for even if it was after midnight. Though it was something obvious that he'd do but it meant a lot when I never even needed to ask twice. I step forward reaching the foot of the bed feeling my legs lock the next instant. My legs feeling a slight trickle of liquid I knew well enough to not mistake. I try turning back towards the bed wanting to sit down, the sudden increase in pain making it harder and harder to stand but my legs seemed to have gave up on moving. "Sidharthhhh... uth pleasee, Sidharth?!" I shriek not feeling him wake hearing my groans. He shifted slightly giving me a hum. I take a series of breaths not able to shriek again. He got up switching on the lights as he made his way out of bed, confused at why exactly I was standing in the middle of the room. He walks over trying to help me sit down. I press my fingers against his arm tight enough to stop him the clear expression of pain on my face very obviously worrying him. "Baby.. b- theek hai na tu ? Kya hua? Bo-" He muttered rubbing my hand in between both of his.

"H...Hospital call kr please, my wate- water broke. Jaldi pleasee " I muster whispering just softly enough for him to hear. He let out a series of gasps fumbling his words as he reached for the phone, grabbing for both the hospital bag we had sitting on the sofa and a second one of things we still had to pack. "Shehnaaz.. breath baby.. yeh slippers pehn well leave,m, just breath- main maa... fuck why isn't the doctor answering?! " he fumbled the uncertainty lining his face.

"mere phone mein- personal number hai.. woh dial kr." I mumble in between breaths trying my best to fight back the tears from the pain. "Can you sit? Baithna hai?" he asks, I shake my head in response tightening my clutch on his forearm. "We have to leave Sidharthhhhh... I can't wa-" he bods seemingly understanding the rest of the sentence I didn't say, he picks up both my phone and the medications I pointed to before trying to help me walk out. I groan with pain again not able to take a single step, my breathing getting slower by the second.

Si - "Baby breathe, calm down, chal na padega bas elevator tak please? Car neeche hi hai just a few steps -"

I give him a nod letting my eyes continue to cloud. I take a step mustering the courage to walk even with the throbbing pain. Sidharth moves along with me keeping one hand behind my back and second still clutched my own. He switched on a couple lights in the hall making sure he was carrying everything as we stepped out of the door. The elevator movements didn't quite help with the uneasiness I was already feeling. He called up the doctor on our way to the car explaining the whole situation as he helped me into the car. The stress in his voice was something I wanted relieve him from but my own mind was anywhere but where I'd like it to be. The pain and increasing pressure only causing my mind to roam possibly the worse thoughts it could right now. Sidharth laid the seat back as if hearing my exact thoughts before rushing to his own seat, clutching my palm in his free hand while he drove with the other, voicing constant reassurances. "Sid-Sidharth maa... maa ko phone krde please? Tu aakele kai-"