The Mountains

S - "Change kyun krna hai? Aur kal.... OUR ANNIVERSARY... shit main bhul kaise gyi! Abhi kuch celebration krne k liye bhi nhi hai... 2 hours hai sirf 12 bj ne mein."

Si - "Chup kregi 2 minute? Abhi ek bhi word bola toh seedha Chandigarh leke jaunga. Kapre le aur jaake change krle, you have 10 minutes."

I sighed moving back towards one of the only shops I found open. I wasn't sure what exactly I'd find but anything was better than nothing and we'd probably find a few fast food restaurants on the way. I made my way back to the car holding rows of chips and a whole set of water bottles. I wasn't too sure about how much we'd need. Along with that I bought a few chocolates that I knew would disappear the second she sat inside the car. I waited for the remaining 3 minutes, seeing her walk out exactly 1 minute before I'd told her too.

S - "Ab bolu?"

I chuckled looking over at her pouted face. "Hmm bol"

S - "Mujhe aise kapre kyun pehnaye hai jaise hum idhar se seedha Canada jaa rahe ho? Udhar bhi thand mein aise kapre nhi pehnti main."

I scanned her outfit not really seeing any flaw in the comfy sweat shirt and sweat pants but maybe I'd overdone it with the full on winter jacket that sat in her lap.

"Thand lg skti hai baby" I murder stealing a soft peck before turning back into the road.

S - "Tujhe merese zyada lge gi, khud shirt mein ghum raha hai aur mujhe teddy bear gift ki trah wrap krdiya."

Si - "jab paas ayenge toh idhar hi kr lunga na shirt change? Main car mein change kr skta hu, not that I have a problem with you doing that but I know ki tu nhi krti aur zidd pakarti vaise hi bahar jaane ki so isiliye tujhe udhar bheja"

S - "Pehle yeh toh bta ki hum jaa kidhar rahe hai?"

Si - "Surprise hai, tu so ja na? Pahunch kr utha dunga."

S - "Nhi baat kr merese, so gyi toh bore bhi ho jayega aur neend bhi aayegi."

A smile played across my lips as she shifted laying her legs in my lap before turning on the music, performing each of the songs herself. She slid open her window letting the cold air burst in the moment it opened. She let out a chuckle as I shivered feeling it on my arms. Deciding to lay the jacket over me the next moment before continuing her song. The ranges mirrors were dark enough to not let anyone peer inside but still I didn't know how this trip would work out. She had this song releasing tomorrow morning, it was confirmed that it'd get a huge response. One of the many reasons I made sure to book a hotel hiding away from the usual public eye. She shifted her legs a little sitting with her back against the door, wind flying all through her hair. She squealed opening up one of the bars of chocolate and immediately biting a piece off, forwarding the bar to my lips. There was only an hour left until the start of our anniversary. I looked back at the directions, the location was still another 9 hours away. I didn't mind that we'd be driving for most of it. The sights were clearly going to be worth it. I shifted my focus back over to Shehnaaz who was indulged in singing away along with the songs, chiming whenever they played one of her favourites.