The Name

I jump, waking up from the slumber I'd fell into. I smile finding maa and di at the door. Sidharth wasnt anywhere in the room neither was the baby where she lay beside me before I fell asleep. "Sidharth aur baby kidhar hai bacha?" Maa asked as she pulled me into an embrace. I frown having thought that he'd left after they'd come and put the baby in the bassinet put into the cradle. I got up with a jolt looking around the room once again, "Woh aapko btakr nhi gya? Aur baby toh yahi mere paas leti thi jab main soyi.... Maa wo- agar Sidharth k paas nhi huyi toh? Di aapko toh btaya hoga na? Abhi bas aadhe ghante pehle soyi thi main Nani maa se baat kr ke. Meri bachii...M-"

P - "Relax Sanu, yehi hai woh Sidharth lekar gya. Usne bola tha call pe..tu please aise uth mat stitches nikl jayenge bacha"

I looked at both their faces the eye conversation not as discrete as they wanted it to be. "Aap jhooth bol rahe ho, btaya hota toh maa puchti kyun? Mujhe sona hi nhi chahiye tha....Me-" I let out a soft hiccup letting my baffled mind take the most of me. My heart felt like itd been snatched away, in just seconds not hearing her around the room or even be able to know that shes with Sidharth. There was literally no reason he'd have to leave the room without telling me especially not if he left without her. I got off the bed inching towards the door, the sudden series of panic and jolting up not doing any good to my already stinging back. I ignored the attempts to calm me from both maa and di knowing better than to believe their stance of not being worried. My eyes clouded letting the tears fall silently as I reached the hall, Sidharth seemed to be walking back with the babyseat. Our baby right inside. I felt the sudden piercing sensation of anger or more probably frustration only increase seeing him walk back so calm.

SM - "Ab toh baith ja jaake bacha? Aagye na dono? Rest bhi zaroori hai na?Saans le theek hai woh... dekh-"

I gave her a plain nod continuing to let the anxiety flow through tears as I sat back against the pool of pillows. "Post pregnancy anxiety hai, rahegi abhi shuru k 2-3 saal toh bohut zyada. Main toh inhe Nia ko mere paas se uthane bhi nhi deti thi. Fir maa ne ki he was likely to be having the same. Birth nhi dia pr poore 9 months mera saath dete waqt ya uske bawjood kaam pe jaate waqt unhe bhi same anxiety feel hua hoga. Tujhe aise dekh kr Baby ko bhi feel hoga, usse gussa
Kr le lekin aise ro mat beemar ho gyi tij hospital se discharge nhi milega" Di murmured using her usual soft voice. I gave her a small nod letting the tears fall silently. I didn't want me to be the main point of conversation or take any of the attention my baby was bond to get in just seconds. The door creaked open and I restrained from looking up, meeting my daughters eyes for just a second before maa pulled her up into her arms. I lay into the bed facing away slightly however keeping an eye on where exactly she was. My stomach churned thinking back to all the possibilities I'd thought of in my mind. That was definitely the last time I fell asleep while she was still up.

Si - "Shehnaaz? Uth Baby khana kha le? Feed bhi krna hai tujhe abhi thodi der mein, teri beti ne muh bhi nhi lgaya bottle ko. Hath se diya thoda lekin woh bhi mushkil se. "

"Rakhde main kha lungi Abhi 2 minute mein, aur nhi pee rhi Toh utha deta na mujhe?" I muster keeping my eyes turned away from where he stood. He continued trying to get me to sit up a few times but I made sure to tell him off at least for right now. I looked back at maa and di who were completely in awe of the little girl. She touched her tiny palm to maa's face inviting a stream of tears. I could tell she was slightly more fussy like the nurses had said she would be. I holed Sidharth hadnt stepped outside with her although I also didn't like the idea of her staying back with a random nurse while he was outside.

SM - "Sidharth? Tu bahar leke gya tha kya isse? Itna fussy kyun ho rahi hai? Abhi bahar leke jaana isn't safe bacha, bukhar huya toh extra stay krna padega"

"Pagal nhii hu main mom, Diaper change krna tha aur dudh nhi pee rahi thi bottle se. Shehnaaz soyi thi toh I went to the nurse thats it fir car seat to uske paas chod kr leke aaya" I heard him explain still contemplating if I wanted to be mad at him For this or thankful that he'd been trying to do an equal part and not wake me up each time. I sat up swinging the small tray like attachment to infront of me before beginning to eat. Preeti Di walked over with the now screeching baby in her arms. I looked up at her as she held baby out for me to take.