Accident & Aftercare

I woke up in a plain white room, machines beeping to take away the silence. The curtains were shut leaving a small opening through the door the only thing I could look out of. My head spun thinking back to how I got here. It aches at any thought at all. I pulled up my arm wincing feeling the wires stuck into it. The other one lay beside me wrapped until my forearm. I tried to look up around my surrounding by trying my hardest to sit up but it felt as if I was sitting beneath a bunch of metal bricks. The door squeaked open revealing a tear stricken face of Shehnaaz and a doctor clearly trying her best to calm her down. I regretted everything I remembered. I was supposed to be with her properly after weeks. The extra week she'd been excited to roam the entirety of the city with me, make me meet friends of hers I still hadn't. I hear the doctor say I'd be fine after the overnight observation. I felt like she was lying based on the extreme pain I felt all through my leg. Shehnaaz walked over to a corner of the room slightly lifting the curtain to show the evening sky. She was still in her shoot clothes, including the now ruined makeup. She turned back walking into the attached room, returning minutes later with a new set of clothes and a wet washed face. I wasn't too sure if I was ready to face the wrath that I knew would come the moment I spoke.

Si - "Baby..?"

She looked up in surprise, waiting a few moments before moving to my side and helping me up seeing the struggle I was having. She stayed silent the entire time letting the tears escape from her eyes as she sat down on the wheeled chair beside the bed.

Si - "I'm sorry"

She shook her head letting a broken smile replace her pouted lips. "Teri galti nhi hai. Tujhe kaunsa pta tha ki woh area safe nhi hai.. ya tu apni limit bhul jaata hai. Ya fir yeh ki drink pee k drive krne se pehle tu mujhe bula skta tha. Call kr skta tha, bol skta tha ki after party hai toh main shaam tak ya kal lautunga. Driver bhi tha tere paas Sidharth. " she seethed not once looking up at my face. I clearly saw why, what I did was irrational. I'd stopped drinking hence losing the habit of driving like that. I go to speak just as the nurse comes in calling Shehnaaz over to sign some papers. I could already tell she went all out on them from the way they approached her. Another one wheeled in food. The sight making me realize I hadn't had anything for over 24 hours at least. Shehnaaz moved back along with her moving my bed up for me to sit as the tray was placed into my lap. Sitting up I saw a table full of coffee cups and wrappers. Her stress food. I let her adjust the pillows against my back score trying to start the conversation again.

Si - "Tu yahan aayi kaise? Tera phone toh off tha na?"

She nodded giving me a spoonful of the food she'd just blown on. "Hospital se call aaya jab baahar aayi udhar se." She responded still not meeting my eyes. I continued to eat, knowing she was in no way going to act normal right now. Her voice was almost cold, emotionless while her eyes said something else.

S - "Maa ko phone krna hai unki phone aaya hua tha toh authorities ne bta diya"

I gave her a slight nod as baje got up wiping off my face and handing me the phone. I talked to mom on the phone who was surprisingly not as mad as the woman pacing around the room reading through the documents she was given. I ended the call waiting for her attention out of the pieces of paper.

Si - "Shehnaaz? Kya hai dikha.. tere dimag mein vaise bhi nhi parega"

S - "Koi baat nhi, nhi para toh doctor se puch lungi."

Si - "Sorry bola na? Jabse hosh aaya hai aise hi ghum rahi hai tu, ho gyi galti."

S - "Gussa na karu toh aur Kya party karu idhar? You can't even walk for a week, bed rest pe rehne ko likha hai. Socha tha ki vaapis Mumbai chalenge New Years celebrate krne ghar pe. Already kaam ki vajah se ghar nhi tha tu us din. Maine aisa kuch kiya hota toh abhi tak hospital sar pe utha lena tha tune chila chila ke"

Tu Jo Mile Jindari Jannata ve Jannata...❣️ #sidnaazजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें