Always A Step Ahead..

Now I looked over at her walking towards me after taking the call. She seemed down. At first I thought it was the call but then I realized it was about the cigarette. She thought I'd taken a puff not seeing me giving it to the guy on the street. The silence was pinching me.. I wanted her to just ask about it once but she didn't. Entering the campus I decided to explain myself.

"Maine smoke nhi kiya hai. Waha kisi ne maangi thi. Promises nhi torta main."

She looked over at me surprised at what I'd said. I could tell she was relieved.. the spark in her eyes was back.

"Par maine toh pucha hi nhi. And tu kr skta hai, aise all of a sudden chod dega toh withdrawal hoga."

There it was again. She didn't like it but she tried to understand my point of view. I loved this quality of hers.. it was so much different than everyone else. She always tended to put herself in the shoes of the other person and see why they were doing what they did instead of simply taking it wrong.

"As long as you're around me I won't even
Focus on that. Withdrawal tab hoga jab main uss baare mein sochunga. Anyways ik baat bta agar main tujhe baby bulau toh tujhe problem toh nhi hai Na?"

I said it in such a casual tone that no one would know about the storm inside of me. I was scared thinking how she'd react. I've called other girls the same name before but saying it to her felt more natural than ever before. It fit the feelings I had for her. I wanted to be her protector.. I wanted to protect her innocence, her kid like nature. This world was a cruel place and though she'd seen much more than even I have... I wanted her life from now on to Have no worries. I wanted to tell her what I felt but I went speechless in front of her. Even if I tried my heart would start jumping with such intensity that I wouldn't be able form a sentence without messing up.

"Kya Huaa Asar Tere Saath Reh Kar Naa Jaane
Ki Hosh Mujhe Naa Raha
Lafz Mere The Zubaan Pe Aake Ruke
Par Ho Na Sake Woh Bayaan
Dhadkan Tera Hi Naam Jo Le
Aankhein Bhi Paighaam Ye De
Teri Nazar Ka Hi Ye Asar Hai
Mujh Pe Jo Huaa"

Now sitting across from her, watching as she continued to work on her designs, I felt nothing but peace. Knowing that she was okay with me moving closer to her was a truth that felt like a dream. This girl wasn't even slightly nervous about letting me in. She'd been doing things I wasn't expecting to ever get back ever since Himanshi had taken my everything away.

A - "yr mujhse nahi kaam hota yaha. Chal na mere ghar chalte hai?? Itna bhi kya krdiya maine?"

Si - "Arti chup chap yaha pe baithi raho. I'm not coming anywhere with you. And anyways I'm only here because I'm waiting for Shehnaaz so that I could take her home."

A - "Paras usse khud hi krdega drop. Vaise bhi woh uske saath time spend krna chahta hai. If you know what I mean"

I looked over at her finding her smirking. Disgusting.. I failed to understand how she could let another guy talk about a woman like that. I would've killed him if he'd mentioned anything like that in front of me. I didn't care about the consequences.. no one was going to even scratch whats mine. I wouldn't let them. Bohut kuch Kho liya hai maine apni zindagi mein.. is baar nahi jaane dunga. Shehnaaz pe koi problem nahi aayegi.

I silently got back to work, keeping my eyes alert for any suspicious movement.
Yeh itna close kyun baitha hai iske? Aur woh bhi hat nhi rahi waha se.... ik toh subah bhi isne bola tha ki yeh kuch krne wali hai. Main puchna bhul hi gya. Gadhi khud ko na fasa le, sab kuch sahi krne mein. Waha jaa bhi nhi skta nhi toh library se hi nikal denge. I don't want to lose the peace of at least seeing her.