Back To Schedule

I laughed moving forward while she tied herself around me tighter. She clutched her arms around my neck wile her face was buried into my chest scared of what she thought I'd do. I smile lightly pecking her cheek before walking back to the car we'd parked right outside the premises of the beach. "Nhi fekunga Baby.. chal ab baith, late hogya hai aur abhi tujhe 2-2 suitcase bhi ready krne hai."

S - "2 kyun?"

Si - "Ek tera aur ek mera. Your punishment for the water you threw on me"

S - "Kutte agar nhi bhi fek ti toh bhi maine hi krna tha."

She pouted walking around the car to get in her seat while I started to drive. She was definitely the uniquest of all. No one like her. I could bet my whole life on it. Till date I wasn't able to understand what I'd done to have her presence written in my life. I thought back to how peaceful my life had been ever since she was in front of me 24/7. Waking up to her felt surreal. Not a pinch of worry in my heart.

"Kabhi Kabhi Kisi Ko Dekh Lena Hi; Sukoon Paane K Liye Bohut Hota Hai"

We walk to her apartment with her on the phone with everyone back in Punjab. I'd heard a guy telling her his sister was coming over here as she'd joined the University, like Shehnaaz had asked her to. I couldn't help but think of how that'd change the way she is with me or how if she stays here then we wouldn't be able to do half the things we do with each other right now. I lay myself over her bed as she continues her conversation and carried on to pull out a suitcase for her clothes. Agar iske kapre poore check kr k rakhun toh zyada nhi hoga na? Mtlb haq to hai.... Sidharth?! She's not a 3 year old. Jis industry mein kadam rakh rhi hai she'll soon be required to romance with- no fuck no... fucken hell.

I watched as she went over to her computer, transferring the call to a FaceTime on her Mac. I could hear maa on the other side along with some distant sounds. The place looked beautiful with all the lights and the people scattered around while I was guessing the bride sat in the middle. I sneaked a few glances at what they were talking about, pacing up and down the room behind her when I saw her Nani Ma, and mom in the same frame. They seemed to have an inbuilt comfort between them and the bright colours hung behind them revealed that they were sitting in Shehnaaz's room.

S - "Kullu? Yeh guest appearance kyun de raha hai tu? Idhar hi aaja na? Ismein kaunsa wedding invitation lge ga."

My face turns red in embarrassment as all 3 of the women laugh. She directs me to greet her grandmother and then I join in on the conversation they were having. I was happy neither had noticed the small cuts over Shehnaaz's hands because that was a story I wanted to keep between us. I wasn't proud of how I acted. Not at all. The call continued with Rohan, her cousin brother that I almost was jealous of, showing off the huge house and the set up. Occasionally telling me about things they'd do when they were younger and how they'd always get beat for it while Shehnaaz escaped. I laughed seeing the sheer pride on Shehnaaz's face. She didn't care a bit about him disclosing her dramas. I move back over to the bed while she ends up with the call and gets back to packing her clothes. "Kya kya rakhegi baby?" I asked still laying cuddled up with the pillow she'd usually replace herself with.

S - "Dresses, shorts, skirts and tank tops."

Si - "Abey? Pagal hai be tu? Thand hai waha aur hum bohut zyada outings bhi krenge. Kya Canada se aayi hai toh yeh mtlb nhi hai ki thand tujhe chu kr bhaag jayegi."

S - "Exactly Bebu, toh pucha hi kyun fir? Sab full kapre hi le k jaungi na? Udhar kabaddi match nhi khelwanna maine."

I watched as she brought mostly fair clothes, rolling them up and placing them into the now almost full suitcase. There was definitely a benefit to being able to design your own clothes, no other girl would carry the stuff she was taking. Although maybe they'd bring the same tracksuits. She snapped me out of my daze kicking me out of the room while she changed. "Gadhi.. jab bhi relax krta hu toh utha deti hai. Aise hi change kr leti na. Aakhein band kr leta main."