Delivery 2

Shehnaaz :

The aches seemed to have disappeared the moment the lay my baby against my chest. The blood and fluids not taking away from how close I held her or how heavenly beautiful she was. Her eyes open wide as she keenly stared at my face continuing to feed slowly dozing off in my arms. The entire experience one I'd never thought I'd have the will to experience. She gave me a whole new reason to life. My heart seemed swollen to its most, the love overflowing. Her little fists wailing against my skin made my heart skip a beat, she was so entirely calm. The nurse said she'd be like that only for today or until she adjusted to the environment around but something told me she wouldnt be much of a handful even after. I let her lay against me calmly falling into slumber, reaching over to the blanket bunched at my midriff, pulling it over the both of us making sure to not pull it any higher than I was told would be okay.

"A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous...full of beauty and forever beautiful...loving,caring and truly amazing - Deanna Beisser

I looked over at Sidharth, the soft tears still lurking against his cheeks. I knew for a fact he was still in daze of everything that happened just minuets back. I grab his arm making him look up from the picture on his phone. I was glad he'd taken it, the idea of having my first ever moment with her saved like so was in itself enough to being a smile to my face even though I was worn out, exhausted to the most. "Idhar aa thoda" I say keeping my voice as low as I possibly could. He moves closer taking a slow deep breath. I pass him a small smile cupping his face letting my thumb wipe away the remnants against his cheeks. "Maine kaha tha na tu royega" I chime making him chuckle as he leaned closer laying his head against my shoulder, peeking at the sleeping baby. "Tere pe hai poori ki poori, sirf nose mera hai... my mini Shehnaaz" he mumbled touching her cheek with the softest touch he possibly could. I held back from letting myself Dwell the overwhelming feeling I felt the moment the words left his mouth. I didn't want to cry with her on me and disturb her sleep by any chance. "Cheeks dono ke hai, jo maa ne picture dikhayi thi last week bilkul aise hi the." I mumble remember the whole fuss he had when maa showed me a picture of his he didn't exactly want anyone to see. I however found it utterly cute, making maa give me one of the 2 copies she had hidden and putting it in our stack of printed pictures. "Woh mention krna zaroori hai abhi?" He questioned still very annoyed at me having seen it. I let out a soft laugh, yawning the next second. He sat up straight, lacing his hand through my hair.

Si "Tu bhi rest kr na? So ja thodi der, raat mein bhi nhi soyi."

S - "Shift krna hai pehle aur abhi nurses bhi aa rahi hongi, gown change karna hai aur fir second feeding bhi, uske baad so lungi"

"Bottles hai na baby? Tu rest kr thoda time, I'll feed Her" he mumbled taking me by a slight surprise, I didn't want the baby to be bottle fed already. I was perfectly fine doing it myself. Before I could respond the nurses walked in with the necessary equipment helping me get of the bed as a third cleaned off the bed I was on. I lay the baby in the small bassinet at their recommendation although making sure Sidharth was right by her before I let them walk me off. The aches much more noticeable the moment I got on my own feet. I was grateful for being healthy enough to be able to move around, the aches not strong enough to restrict any if my movements. The nurses even allowed me a quick shower, something I was definitely looking forward to seeing the amounts of blood I'd released. They explained these small things were the benefit of natural birth, though the pain was a lot, it was always easier long term. My belly was still stiff, the same size as before but theyd predicted itd shrink a fair bit by the time I was let out tomorrow. I move back into the room taking slow steps on my own, letting them adjust me into the wheelchair before bringing the swaddled baby back into my arms. I adjusted her little pink hat leaning forward and placing a lingering kiss against her feathery soft cheeks. "Sidharth? Bags?" I question as he began moving the both of us out of the room wanting to do it himself. "Rakhdiye baby, abhi 2-3 minute pehle" he responded making me think exactly how close the room was or why I didn't remember when he left. "Nurse le gyi thi, main nhi gya" he continued providing the explanation I needed before I'd even asked. The few minutes away from the baby had instilled a tad bit of anxiety regarding the fact that anyone could easily spot me being trailed down to the room or the obvious baby in my hands. I wanted anything but paps the moment I got to step out of this building. Or even on the way to the gurudwara for when we head over. Itd happened more times than enough to be scared of the same. We reach the room right by the elevator that lead us up a floor. I was glad we had the necessities to afford a private room like this. Away from the eyes of visitors unless we ourselves told them where it was. Sitting on the bed I lay her infront of me wincing as her cries fled the room as warm blanket was pulled away. She'd needed a change, another signal that she was perfectly healthy. I followed the nurses lead changing her out of the old diaper and into a new one, getting Sidharth to pass over the warm yellow onesie we'd brought as the first outfit. The colour yellow chosen simply because we didn't know what the babys gender was. I chimed loving how the colour played against her almost pink skin. Her toes curled slightly as I put them through the leg holes, hand fisted against her stomach while she sucked on the thumb of the other looking around the room just as keenly as before.