The Haunting Past

"Tune sab articles parh liye na?" Sidharth asks with a crack in his voice. I looked up into his eyes only to find light years brimming his eyes, clouding the fear behind them. "Parh toh liye.. kyun?" I confessed knowing he was going through a series of questions in his mind.

"Tum fir bhi mere saath rahi? I mean I've been accused of rape and abuse Shehnaaz . They're not small things that you simply overlooked them." He states in a low steady voice, keeping the conversation between us.

"Who said I overlooked it? Sidharth they're accusations. They have no proof to prove them, if they did you'd be outta here. Over top of that, I've spent most of the past 96 hours with you.. I've analyzed you throughout. Agar mujhe tumhari smoking ki aadat k baare mein pta hai, tumhara favourite food pta hai, yeh pta hai ki tumhari favourite ice cream kaunsi hai toh mujhe yeh bhi pta hai ki tum insaan kaise ho. Abhi 2 minute pehle tumne meri chunni sambhali hai.. and you want me to believe you attempted to rape someone? Pagal ho chuke ho?! Ya apne saare logic's kho diye? I've been with someone who attempted rape.. I know how they act and trust me you're too different. Sirf rumours k kaaran apna itna acha dost nhi Kho dungi main. Abhi toh bohut jhelna hai tumhe mujhe. Itni aasani se piche nhi htne waali main. Chal ab I need food. Nhi toh behosh ho jaana hai maine yehi pe-"

He took me into a bone crushing hug before I could even finish my words. I let my arms snake around him slightly rubbing his back to calm him. I didn't know what this was or why it was but it just is. We are the calm to each other's storm.. I finally had the warmth I'd longed for. Whether he admitted it or not, he was mine. I let him stand there with his face resting in the crook of my neck as I didn't want him to suffocate himself by tucking these questions inside of him. I knew how that felt, I've felt it myself, if there's anyway I could relieve him of this.. I'd do it in the blink of an eye. He was carrying enough baggage already, this was not what he needed. I don't know what this feeling was but I knew that it was time for me to be the shield for someone, I needed to be the comfort the rain was for me. Sidharth has accepted me for who I am.. now it was my turn.. no questions or conditions. From now on.. he'll get the love he's missed out on.

"Yahan chain se bas ruk jaaoon
Kyun dil yeh mujhe kehta hai
Jazbaat naye se mile hain
Jaane kya asar yeh hua hai
Ik aas mili phir mujhko
Jo kubool kisi ne kiya hai"

Sidharth :

Ever since she'd shown me that article I was constantly thinking about how many others she'd read. I didn't care about what other people thought or did with them but she's different. I'd even made sure Arti and I were sitting by her and Paras in class today because I knew the type of tactics he'd try to put into her. He was a convincing person... especially for girls. Fortunately, though sitting by them gave me only surety. She wasn't even talking to him much other then the repeated denials for lunch, she didn't say a word to him. She'd already finished her portion of the project and now all that was left was his and the one they did collectively where on the other hand I was struggling to focus. I didn't wanna see Arti's face after this morning.. forget trying to work with her. I mean I was literally too stressed already and her she goes adding one more.

Since last night, after what my mom had said, I'd been thinking of ways how to figure out what I was to Shehnaaz . I knew I was special but what kind of special? For a girl whose feelings were always displayed on her face, she hid this well. Every now and then I'd start a conversation with her.. not just because I was bored but also because I was trying to think of somewhere to take her for lunch. I could tell she loved sweets and spices but I needed to know what she'd want today. Assuming that she didn't already pack herself a lunch... fuxk. What if she did!? Aur yeh kya kr raha hai yrr tu? Mtlb padhaai vadaai sab kuch bhul geya?