Heaven On Earth

"Dikha ek second" I mumble asking for the phone while I cover up Asees making sure to not let the light from it fall in her eyes. Sighing I let the phone fall beside me. Why couldnt anything in our lives be left alone?! I didn't remember choosing to let social media announce the different stages in my life. "Dono k account se picture daal dena raat ko, woh subah wali, face bhi nhi hai usmein." I say pulling up the blanket that lay against Asees slightly as maa walked into the room.

SM - "Tension mein kyun lg rahe ho? Bachi to-"

Si - "Nhi Maa, woh theek hai bas twitter pe picture daaldi kisine subah ki, faces to nhi aaye lekin viral hogyi hai fir bhi"

"Toh yeh toh hoga hi na bacha? Dono popular ho, maine khud dekha hai kaise tut prte hai sab aur abhi toh almost 3-5 months baad dikhe honge tum dono bahar, woh bhi saath mein, nhi toh car se hi pehchante the sab." Maa says stating the very clear reality of the situation. We were stupid ourselves to not have thought it through but still I was in no way okay with my baby being a part of rumours. Theyd come up with the most disgusting headlines. I was sure of it. The next hour or so went by listening to the orders of us having to stay on the room while the outside hall was set up, di and maa were excited to no end, Nia even double. Neetu di was back to, having returned just yesterday night. I hastily agreed to resting the entire 4 hours before I'd have to get ready, wanting to rest out my back at least enough to stop it from aching due to how I sat. I put Asees against my stomach letting her lay there as she continued to stare around the room. I wanted her to do so much more,blabber, move around or just even fuss so I could do more than just put her to sleep after milk or lay her to stare. I look back at Sidharth who stood at the vanity fixing up his damp hair from the shower he'd just took. He turned back pulling on the shorts he'd adorned to make them fit as he wanted.

S - "Uniform kabhi nhi badlega na tera?"

He let out a soft chuckle shaking his head as he walked back to the closet throwing me the shirt I'd asked for half an hour ago. "Is she sleeping?" He questioned getting into bed right beside me, trying to glance at her face. She was busy staring at something on the wall on our side, letting her eyes roam each inch until she decided which one to stare against. "Wall dekh rahi hai, soyegi nhi abhi." I mumble looking down at her. Sidharth snuggled into my side careful enough as he let his arm snake over the both of us. "Dard toh nhi hai abhi?" He asked feeling my stomach. I shook my head yawning subconsciously as I turned my face to look at him. "Are you sure that you want to announce it? Ignore bhi kr skte hai, important nhi hai-"

S - "Hai, I Dont want articles assuming anything about our baby, hum har roz post ya update nhi krenge lekin ek announcement se at least itll be clear."

"Hmm, okay. Chal abhi isse laita yaha aur tu dwayi le, rest for some time, aadhe ghante mein khud utha degi teko" he murmured reaching over to pick up the bottle of pills I needed to take. I lay Asees right beside my cuddling her up in her blanket before I fixed up the strap to my own top. Sidharth sat up slightly playing the tv, the routine back to news wouldnt take too long for him. I lay on my side trying to find the comfort I'd lacked for the whole of the last 3 months.

Waking up 20 minutes later I found Sidharth holding Asees against his stomach, having a full blown conversation with her about later tonight. I smiled looking at the intensity she looked up at him with listening to every word. She'd been changed too, laying only in her diaper, neither of them too bothered about it. I sat up slightly making eye contact with her causing a sudden cry. Chuckling I held her pulling her against myself as Sidharth frowned about being left mid conversation. "I swear isse mere se koi problem hai, Ive been talking to her for so long lekin tere uth te hi tere paas jaana hai" he mumbled sitting up beside me.

S - "Koi problem nhi hai, tere paas thi itne time se isiliye royi."

Si - "Mere liye toh royi nhi-"