Bus Ride To The Wedding Venue

SM - "Bacha, kyun utha rahi hai itna sab? Sidharth kr lega na.. nhi toh Raghav ya Khushal ki bula deti hu."

S - "Nhi nhi main krlungi na. Sidharth pehle se hi muh suja ke baitha hai ki dresses nhi dikhayi. Abhi aur drame karega."

I moved both the suitcases full of dresses into the back compartment of the bus we'd rented. The wedding mood and hassle had already set in. Everyone chasing down each detail to make sure we didn't leave anything. The kids roamed the house moving one thing from one corner to another therefore increasing the chaos around the stuff. Sidharth has already lost the bag of his outfits thrice. Although I wasn't too sure we could blame all that in the kids. His excitement was pretty clear even though he didn't admit to it. He was the first one up today, not much of an usual. Along with the increased gym trips for the past 2 weeks. He'd though none of us had noticed but truth was we all kept tabs on it. Deciding to tease him for it later on. I moved back into the room to make sure I'd locked everything before we left. He stood in the washroom door looking intensely at something he'd discovered in a drawer.

S - "Sidharth? Nikal na nhi hai?? Chal hut lock krne de mujhe."

He mumbled something under his breath turning back towards me with the box of pregnancy tests, completely baffled. I almost let out a laugh knowing exactly what went through his mind. This was the one thing I usually snuck in without his knowledge just to be completely safe of course. "Why do you have these?" He questioned throwing the box over to me.

S - "Kyunki important hota hai. It's just for if I ever have doubts. Pehle hi lya k rakh diye kyunki baad mein faltu tension leti main. Tujhe kya lga? "

"Mujhe kya lgega? Bas aise hi achanak dikhe toh... dimag kharab ho raha tha mera pichle 5 minute se." He mumbled walking back over to the locked closets. I chuckled at him returning the box to where it was supposed to be, before locking the door. Every one else was already set to go, except well the 3 of us. Maa was still making sure she picked up all her boxes while the both of us ran around the building making sure we didn't leave the other two flats without locks. Half an hour later we finally made it onto the road. 3:00 am and a bus full of family seemed to fit quite well together.

R - "Bhabi? Vaise aap dono ko to alag baithna chahiye na? Shaadi ki feel kaise aayegi aise?"

S - "Hyee main bhi yeh hi soch rahi thi, si se subah hi baat ki maine."

R - "Aise kro aap waha aage di aur aunty k paas baitho aur main yaha baith ta hu. Thoda toh tadpana banta hai, kyun bhai?"

Si - "Bilkul bhi nhi, chup chap baitho aise hi. "

"Sidharthhhh... please na? Maza aayega.. vaise bhi mujhe aagey baithna hai." I whine trying my personal best to get out of the seat. He goes to say something just as I remember my favourite weapon against him. "Tujhe meri kasam, jaane de" I said as fast as I could covering his lips with my hand. He groaned rolling his eyes at me as I giggled taking the smaller stuff I was carrying along. The ride was a whole 30 hours, with obvious additional stops. The driver was also supposed to change further down the road. I sat beside di, Tara habitually making her way into my lap. She'd just learnt forming actual sentences, speaking completely like a small child rather than a toddler.

P - "Aane kaise de diya isne teko? "

"Kasam deke aayi." I said chuckling along with her as she stared back at his very obviously exasperated face. The next 2 hours were spent discussing each of the events held. I explained some of the family traditions and rituals while Maa did the same. The excitement only increasing after hearing about all the different events I'd have at our wedding. It even sounded surreal to be able to say that. 2 years ago when I'd asked the same question he'd very politely told me to wait it out. I didn't want to but I did, the wedding was for the both of us more than anyone else. Of course there wouldn't be much of a change but still... he'd officially be my husband. And that in itself, sent waves of peace inside me. I'd have even more of a right to tell other women off than I did now. Let's face it.. if your man was as hot as mine, you'd probably bubble wrap him and make sure his face was never visible or you showed him off. I wanted to do both. Illogical definitely but I couldn't help it. I lowered the light of the bulbs that hung above the little seat sections we were, discovering that everyone around me had very easily fallen asleep. I was far from it. The excitement and sudden rush of wanting this all to happen as fast but slow as it could was killing away any sense of tiredness in my body. I grabbed my phone sticking I my AirPods before playing our new song whilst texting Sidharth. He didn't respond to the first few only reading them before sticking his phone back into the back of the seat in front of his own. I checked over making sure everyone had fallen asleep before walking over to him, crouching at his side. "Naaraaz hai?" I mumble already knowing the eye roll I was going to get.