Jab We Met ?

The dinner was quite but comfortable as usual. None of us liked to talk while we ate other than the occurrence of mini conversations Shehnaaz had with herself. They were simply meaningless but still enough to make both me and maa smile.

SM - "Sana, woh kal Manpreet keh rahi thi ki tu gaati bhi hai? Kal video dikha rahi thi.. hamein toh kabhi nhi sunaya?"

Si - "Kuch toh chod de moti ? Kitna kuch krti hai be tu?"

I was seriously stunned by this new piece of information. I mean is there anything she can't do? Model, designer, photographer, highest scoring student and now a singer? And yet she stays so grounded. Not a spec of ego. She's making me fall deeper day by day and she's not even trying. If you lived with her you'd almost forget the amount of stuff she managed all alone. A house, donations, going to the gurudwara every morning, and yet all she'd gotten in life was betrayal and pain.

"Shohrat, izzat, ilm, ameeri taaktan
Eh kam rab de hor wazir vi kar dende
Jihna de chehre vich khinch jaayi hondi ae
Oh taan rab ne aap ukere hunde ne
Sab ton mehngi hundi ae masoomiyat
Sohne taan unjh lok bathere hunde ne
Jihna nu takiye te takkde reh jaaiye
Duniya te kujh khaas hi chehre hunde ne"

S - "Nhi nhi main toh bas aise hi thora bohut gaa leti hu. Awaaz itni achi nhi hai meri."

That wasn't true. Not at all. Her voice was the sweetest thing I'd heard. A calming, angelic voice.

SM - "koi baat nhi tu gaa ajj humare liye bhi. Kuch bhi gaa de..."

She seemed hesitant at first. Fiddling with her hands and the spoon on her plate. I gave her a blink in assurance for her to continue. She nodded biting her lip..

Why does she have to look both cute and hot at the same time? I've till date never understood the hype about girls biting their lips but the sight in front of me defined it. Of course it was hot as fuck when all you wanted to do was devour the lips yourself.

S - "Tere haathon ki taraf
Mere haathon ka safar
Rozana, rozana
Teri aankhon se kahein
Kuchh to meri nazar
Rozana, rozana
Rozana main sochoon yehi
Kahaan aajkal main hun lapata
Tujhe dekh loon to hassne lage
Mere dard bhi kyun khaamkha
Hawaon ki tarah
Mujhe chhoo ke tu ghuzar
Rozana, rozana
Tere haathon ki taraf
Mere haathon ka safar
Rozana, rozana
In ankhon se yeh bata
Kitna main dekhoon tujhe
Reh jaati hai kuchh kami
Jitna bhi dekhoon tujhe
Rozana main sochoon yehi
Ke chalti rahein batein teri
Aate jate yoon hi mere liye thehar
Rozana, rozana
Tere haathon ki taraf
Mere haathon ka safar
Rozana, rozana "

Unknowingly the glass I was drinking from fell out of my hand as I went under the daze of her voice. The eye contact didn't help. Even as the glass of water scattered over the floor my eyes and mind were stuck under the spell of her voice. The words so clear but so hidden away. I could tell the song was for me. Her eyes revealed all her hidden messages. Of course she wouldn't leave without giving me clarity.

"Tere Saath Saath Aisha
Koi Noor Aaya Hai
Chand Teri Roshni Ka
Halka Sa Ek Saaya Hai
Teri Nazaron Ne Dil Ka Kiya Jo Hasar
Asar Yeh Hua
Abb Inmein Hi Doob Ke Ho Jaaun Paar
Yehi Hai Dua"

SM - "bacha itni pyaari tou awaaz hai teri.. sach har ek cheez mein perfect hona toh koi tujh se seekhe. Aur Sidharth ye kya hai? Aise kaise gira diya tune glass. Ab sara floor saf krna parega mujhe."