Christmas in Canada

I walked back over to mines getting ready as quickly as I could before they were back. Maa had specifically chosen my outfit, and I simply loved it. I'd always wanted to do things like this, consultations about dresses, random talks about shows and how stupid they really were but I'd never got to. Perhaps not because she didn't want to instead cause she never even had enough time to watch the shows or see the clothes in the first place. I shrug off the trail of thoughts realizing how much time I had left. I tied my hair up into a tight bun not leaving even a strand out, the makeup kept as simple as possible. I put on the little choker necklace I'd found to match my outfit before giving it all a second look and giving myself a spritz of perfume. I heard the front door cream open, I walked out knowing it was Sidharth. No one else had a separate key other than Maahi di of course but I knew she wasn't going to be here right now.

I frowned seeing him still wearing the casuals from before

I frowned seeing him still wearing the casuals from before. I walk over seeing him sit down in the sofa not realizing I stood right at the door of my bedroom. "Tune abhi tak change kyun nhi kiya Sidharth? Sab aa jayenge abhi. Fir baad mein poora ghar sir pe uthayega ki yeh iron krdo ya yeh theek nhi hai-"

He got up the next moment pressing a kiss to both of my cheeks before looking my top to bottom. "Itna sajh dhaj k kyun jaa rahi hai baby?"

S - "Kyunki normal log aise hi jaate hai. Ghar k kapro mein nhi"

Si - "Han Pr niyat kharab ho gyi toh?"

S - "Woh app ki problem hai. Abhi chahe kr please jaake. Main di k paas jaati hu waise bhi maa ne bola tha change kr kr jaldi aane ko"

"Tu aisa kr mere ghar shift ho ja aur main Yaha kr leta hu. Mere se zyada tu rehti hai waha vaise bhi." He mumbled rolling his eyes. I bit back my laugh pulling him along back over to his. As guessed I found a few people that were invited sitting along with maa and di. I pushed him off towards his room joining them myself. Weirdly enough there was no sense of awkwardness. I'd become a part of the conversation the second I sat down. Nia hopped over sitting beside me starting a whole new conversation just as the other died out. She was completely in love with her outfit and I couldn't be happier. She'd specifically asked me to add in the smaller details after she'd chosen the piece. I'd developed a deep connection with her too, almost like a younger sister. Di hated it sometimes thanks to me not being able to bring myself to deny any of her little wants. She ran off the next second hearing Sidharth. I prevented myself from doing the same. He looked much to good to ignore right now. That too in the simplest of clothes. A habit of his I personally really loved. He had enough to wear the topmost brands and buy literally a whole rack off of the top designers selections but he chose not to. He liked the comfort of his own little everyday casuals. I headed over to the kitchen to grab another bunch of drinks to serve as maa continued her conversations. Neetu di was still getting ready. The little sense of nervousness still stuck in the back of my throat. I'd usually never care but this was his family. I took the tray of drinks handing them to everyone just as I felt Nia pull me back in towards the rooms. "Maasi ne bulaya aapko" she mumbled going back to chewing on the chips she had her hands full of. I took a deep breath walking into the room along with her. I stepped into the room smiling seeing Neetu di. I'd grown to love both his sisters as my own even if it was over the phone. She smiled back pulling me into a hug. The nervousness instantly washed away.