Champi, Anniversary & Expecting

"Tu khudse chhuti lekar aayi hai na?" I question pulling back just slightly, cupping her face in my hand. I definitely missed her chubby cheeks, the double chin we'd always joke about as well. Her face still glowed the same had the same beautiful features and soft skin but the squeezable cheeks had seemingly been worked off. I look back into her eyes noticing the pout she'd made hearing what I'd said. "Tu zyada zaroori hai aur main nhi aati toh pta nhi kya kya bakwaas soch k baith jaata. Aur abhi daant ko postpone kr please, poore hafte baad mille hai agar mood off kiya toh shoot krne ki halat mein nhi chodungi tujhe" she reverted her voice contradicting the anger her words tried to give off.

Si - "Fir kya karein? Yaha toh ghumne bhi nhi nikal skte na baby? Neeche jaate hi crew wale gher lenge tujhe. "

S - "Maine kab kaha neeche jaane ko... hye sun na live jaatein hai? Surprise denge sbko"

"Nhi, abhi nhi jayenge. Shoots khatam hone k baad, tab tak yeh sab bhi bhul jayenge log" I mumble resting my head back against her shoulder. "Fir selfie? Sirf ek" she whispered letting her arms slightly tighten around my neck, her finger habitually lacing through my hair. "Purani wali dal de na, koi bhi abhi nhi leni mujhe" I respond letting myself relax under her. I let her do as she wills not asking much after confirming one of the unseen pictures from The Golden Temple, taken on our way back from the quick visit back to Punjab after Maldives. Of course I knew why she was uploading. She had the constant tendency to stand up for me even where I myself didn't find it too necessary. Perhaps thats just how our love was.. a constant us instead of I or you. I knew I'd freak out and be the first one solving all the rumours if the same happened to her and as for her well it was clearly very obvious. She came around with her arrays of hope and colour when I felt the most lost and black and white. I remember how almost 7 years ago she'd promised to stick around, to come back even if she left for me. She'd stuck to her words so beautifully and effortlessly that one would almost forget all that we'd been through. A Saga of heaven and hell. I mentally chuckled at the things I was fearing before. I was definitely very gullible if I'd believed that Shilpa would succeed in breaking what was carved in cement with a simple wood prick. We were over all of that. Beyond all the hate people could spew. My wife was here for all of it, from the rainbows and sunshines through thunderstorms and hurricanes and tsunamis. Hell she loved a lot like the last three. Powerful Ups and downs before a relaxing lifelong peace. We both understood that a fairytale wasnt exactly all the happy and sweet; it was a tale of sweet, spice and sour that you lived along with someone who stood by through all three.

S - "Sidharthhhhhh?"

I chuckled slightly pulling back to look at her overly excited face. "Kya hua baby?" I ask biting into her chin.

"Tujhe bulane k liye kuch hona zaroori hai?" She asked grimacing at the small pinkish red mark from the bite. I leaned forward pecking it softly after stopping her finger from rubbing against it. "Champi karun? " she questioned a very smug smile spread across her face.

Si - "Oil kya tap se niklega?"

S - "Kutte lekar aayi hu, pta tha padh ke khoon saday ga aur fir uski wajah se gussa aayega and fir following the process headache"

I wasnt even slightly shocked at her observations anymore. She knew me more than I knew myself, the exact buttons to click and when. I let her slide off of me walking over to the bottle of oil before sliding off the sofa myself, sitting on the floor with my back against it. She walked back over after pulling on one of my tshirts sliding off both the jeans and seemingly uncomfortable shirt from before. I pass her the towel laying closest to me hearing her huff after sitting down behind me. She chimed letting out a soft giggle before leaning over and pecking my temple a few times. Her are legs wrapped around my neck minutes later, I leaned back holding the both of them as she continued to work her magic against my scalp.