Birthday Part 2

Sidharth :

I sat watching her get ready for where ever she was headed. I knew she had something up her sleeve but I also knew I'd never figure out what. On top of all of that she adorned one of my favourite types of outfits in her. The problem being that other people were going to see her like that and I wasn't going with her. She giggled seeing the clear look of distaste on my face.

S - "Bebuuu.. birthday k din aisa ganda Muh nhi bna Te. Aur mujhe sirf ek hi jagah jaana hai woh bhi zyaada se zyaada 2 ghante fir aa jaungi. Doosri jagah Baaz aur Raghav ko bhej dungi, Khushal jaa hi raha hai. Maa ke saath dinner pe bhi jaana hai surprise se pehle toh mere aane tak tyaar rehna kapre udhar rakhein hai already"

I pecked her cheek letting her run off out of the room. This was already one of my best birthdays, thanks to her having everyone I wanted here. I wasn't sure as to what else she could possibly plan. If I knew anything about myself it'd be how hard it is to give me a gift or surprise. I enjoy homely environments, with some occasional parties of course. I moved out of the room joining mom of the sofa right by the balcony. I could tell how much she already liked the small lavish place.

"Woh sab kidhar hai?" I question laying my head in her lap. "Abhi tak so rahe hai. Kal bhi poora din aise hi the, woh toh Sana ne aa kr uthaya 8 bje." She said smiling softly as I laced her hand into my hair. We sat watching the news she's played for a while before she urged me off of her to go get something to eat along with Chai. I continued listening to the mix of Punjabi and Hindi news, as well as replying to a few messages. Mom walked back over handing me the cup before settling in the seat just outside her self. I decide to join her hearing the loud voices of children in the close distance.

SM - "Tu nhi bilkul aise hi khelta tha poora din niche jab hum apne pehle wale ghar mein rehte the. Ashok poora din upar baith k dekhte the jab bhi kaam se chhuti ho. Kal se hi barah mnn lg gya yeh ghar mere mtlb bilkul vaise hi lg raha hai, chhota magar bhara huya. "

Si - "Mujhe lga hi tha. Ab toh mujhe bhi yakeen ho gya hai ki aap mere se zyada usski mom lagte ho. Har cheez ek jaisi hi pasand aati hai."

"Han toh? Bachi hai woh bhi meri. Kal idhar dekhta toh hairaan hi reh jaata. 2 ghante idhar baith k intezaar kiya usne tera, hum sab toh chale gye the thak haar kr. Sab kaam bhi khud kiya, cake bhi usi ne banaya. Itna khush tu nhi hai janmadin k liye jitni woh thi." She said chuckling as she remembered events that I'd missed just last night. I let out a soft smile thinking of how she'd been that way since the whole past week. The constant subject of conversation, asking me about how we used to celebrate to joining baaz in roasting me according to the parties. By the end of it I'd too started to hate the fact that I never believed in celebrating my birthday. For me it'd always been growing a year older, better explained as a year closer to death but for her it was the celebration of being given another healthy year of life. She'd had stories for longer than she remembered of birthdays and celebrations. Pictures of her first birthday all the way through to her 19th birthday party videos. All I'd noticed was how her family was missing from all of the later pictures and yet still she herself beamed of happiness.

SM - "Sidharth, ek baat puchun? "

Si - "Haan na maa, aise kyun puch rahe ho? "

SM - "Woh main soch rahi thi ki, mtlb Preeti k saath baat ki thi usdin aur humne ek cheez sochi thi Sana k liye. Dekh abhi isse pehle ki tu apne logics lgye uski taraf se sochna. Woh Preeti ne btaya ki aaj kal woh sab mtlb tumhara hi bhi chalta hai internet pe uspe tere aur uske baare mein bohut afwaah felti hai. Ab main yeh nhi kahungi ki teri glti hai magar sahi toh kr skta hai na? Abhi kyun Dar raha hai sabko btane se? Mujhe sch mein acha nhi lgta ki woh bachi ko itna dekhna prta hai"

I smiled at her taking the cup from her hands before settling myself in front of her. "Di bhi sirf meri burayi hi krti hai, abhi thore din pehle maine humari saath mein post ki thi, uske baad se kam ho gya hai woh sab. Aur app zyada mat socho uske birthday k baad sab sahi ho jayega. Promise. Abhi aap ko bta toh dun lekin fir saara din baaton baaton mein Di ko bta diya toh mera plan khraab ho jayega. Woh already sab Shehnaaz ke saath confirm krti hai" I snickered watching as Baaz and Raghav walked over joining us. They began they're usual bickering not once even giving me a chance to ask if they knew anything about where she was. I got up deciding to go get some of the left overs from the night before to munch on whilst I waited. Khushal joined me filling up his plate equally.