Missing Her...

I send her a few texts in awe of the pictures and ask her how she was doing on the flight. I added moms name in front just to keep her from seeing how much I was missing her. I began driving back home making a pit stop at the gurudwara she always went to. Something told me to go pray for her journey. The negative thoughts constantly popping in my mind. My heart dropped at the mere thought. Nothing bad should happen to her. Nothing at all. I sat in the hall for a few moments before moving outside, spotting the same uncle we met the other day. He was struggling with the bag he was carrying. Where were his kids? Or at least someone who could help him? I got up kneeling before the darbar like the way she'd told me and rushed over to help him.

Si - "Uncle aap theek ho na? Yeh bag mujhe dedijiye.. main help kr deta hu"

He smiled lightly patting my head the same way he did to Shehnaaz the other day. I walk with him back over to the darbar dropping the bag where he wanted me to.

U - "Beta Tumhe punjabi nhi aati, Fir bhi di baar mile ho gurudware mein aur ek mera beta hai. Raat mein jaata hai aur subah nashe mein laut ta hai. Bohut acha lagta hai jab tumhe dekhta hu. Woh ladki? Woh bhi aayi?"

I smile thinking of how only a short while ago I was the same. Mujhe toh pta bhi nhi tha Gurudwara subah subah aake itna sukoon milta hai.

Si - "Woh Punjab gyi hai aaj subah hi. Main bhi ajj dusri baar hi aaya hu.. woh bhi sudhar jaye ga."

He smiled brightly patting my back again.

U- "Uss ke liye yaha aaye ho toh rab kabhi naraz nhi krega Tumhe, bas apni mohabbat mat kam hone dena. Chehre se hi dikhti hai tumhare."

I nod trying my hardest to not blush at the words. I walk him over to the benches before heading back out. Mom would be waiting for me to get back... I really didn't need her to complain to Shehnaaz the next time they called. Till date I was jealous of what they shared. It was so pure and transparent. A relation I'd never built with anyone and now that it was happening, it's delayed.

SM - "Aaj bohut hi chup chup lgg raha hai na sab? Sana biti toh ab tak kuch movie ya fir tv show shuru kr leti. Fir poora time analysis deti apne. Villain ka kirdaar tujhe de deti aur jo bhi sbse acha hi woh khud ko."

I laugh sitting beside her. I could picture the exact same moment in my head. She'd make me the worst character possible and then laugh at her own thoughts silently. I still remember last night when Geet admits that she herself was her favourite and Shehnaaz giggled to herself for almost 10 mins before telling me that the dialogue was made for her. A smile crept on my face thinking about how easily she'd changed my entire life. From someone whose smiles were limited she'd made me someone who'd smile at the mere thought of her. Anyone would fall in love with the person she is...

I sighed looking back at my mom before turning to lay in her lap before pulling up the pictures and videos from the photoshoot. I scroll through them telling her about each of the moments we spent in the set and show her the watch she'd given me.

SM - "Tune kya diya usse? Choti hai tere se lekin fir bhi rishton ki kadar krna tere se ache se jaanti hai."

I chuckle knowing I couldn't tell her the gift I'd given her. She looks down at me staring at my phone screen. I'd been looking at the picture of us for over 5 mins.

SM - "Yaad aa rahi hai na uski?"

I hum in response not taking my eyes off of the picture. I wanted her to come back running into my arms asking for a proper hug or kissing all over my face leaving marks if whatever she had on her lips. I wished I could take time back to last night and stop the moment for just a bit longer.