Surprise Part 2

I woke up the next morning to the sun rays hitting my eyes. The wind contradicted the light blowing cold gusts all around us. I groaned pulling myself further into Sidharth's sleeping chest, relaxing along with his heartbeat. I leaned my face up slightly just staring at his sleeping face. No man in this whole world could make me gush up with love the way he did. His nose flared with each breath, eyes flickering due to the sun. I pulled the sheets over us, letting my arm hold it up shielding us from the sun rays. 20 years old, laying in bed under the open sky with the love of my life. Sounds exactly like a dream. I giggled thinking off all the thoughts in the world about our future. Anything and everything. How he'd most likely never ever let me have male friends even after marriage not that I wanted them any way but still, the thought of what would happen made me laugh. Or maybe how our fights would work, who'd be kicked out of the room first, Shehnaazzz..... calm down. I gushed with happiness the moment after. This was a cycle of emotions I wanted to live out. I got up silently leaning against the rail and praying to my waheguru to keep my life as it is. Walking into the room I stopped and stared at my own smiling face for a while. This was the first birthday morning I wasn't crying. I walked over to where my phone lay on charge. Messages flooded the screen. I responded back to a few friends going down the list to Baaz. He'd sent me videos of him singing happy birthday and cutting a cake. There was a reason my brother was my best friend. I chuckled watching him eat the entire piece after shoving it into the phones I scrolled down a few more names thanking both of my former best friends. I stop scrolling reading the names a few times to make sure I wasn't reading wrong. I punched myself looking back at the screen but to my utter surprise both of my parents names glistened back. Videos of the cake cutting and video messages of a simple happy birthday. The simple message is yearned for. I teared up watching my dad do the same on screen. I'd never forget times he wasn't there but I also wouldn't forget times where he was. Where he used his power for me a couple times, when in elementary I'd come home after punching a few students for calling me shit I didn't handle. He'd say he was proud. The last time I'd heard that but at least I had. I moved to my moms chuckling at the song she sang. This was how Nanu used to wish us. I let the tears fall moving into messages from Maa and all three of my Di's. Preeti and Mahhi di even had Tara and Nia involved. I melted hearing the little childish gibberish of Tara and the sweet sing song voice of Nia. I was loved. A whole lot of loved. My life was falling into place. At least for now. Sighing I moved to the bag of clothes Sidharth and carried along, only to be pulled off of the floor into the sturdy arms of my boyfriend aka Pati. I giggled letting him swing me higher up into his arms while my hands stick to his shoulders.

Si - "Good morning baby"

I squirmed still laughing as he put his lips against mine before softly dropping me onto the bed, coming over me himself. I'd gotten used to it now. I laced one of my hands through his hair showing him the messages with the other. "Dekh Tara bhi gaa rahi hai, Hyee kitna time ho gya dekhe huye. Kitni badi hogyi hogi woh aur Nia bhi, mujhe sachi mein mnn kr raha hai ki abhi bhaag jau. Aur maa ka bhi aaya dekh, mumma papa ne bhi Baaz ke saath mnaya." I chime showing him all the messages. I looked up only to find him smiling back as he grabbed the phone putting it away before turning us over so that I was on top. I looked at him intently trying to figure out what he was doing.

Si - "Main idhar sab plan kr kr laaya aur tujhe Tara aur Nia k paas jaana hai?"

S - "Haan toh tu bhi saath hi chalega na?"

Si - "Saath bhi jaunga toh tujhe farak nhi parega busy ho jaayegi sab main."

"Kutta bachon se jealous hoga ab tu?" I question leaning up against his chest. He looked away clearly trying to play along with what he'd started. I giggle moving to give him what he wanted. He smiled snuggling me closer before pushing both of us up off of the bed. "15 minute mein tyaar ho ja, main neeche restaurants aur baaki sab dekh k aata hu. Abhi k liye kapre black wale bag mein hai dusra mat kholna." he whispered dropping me to the floor keeping his face in the crook of my neck. I nodded moving over to take the bag and get ready.