Past Reoccurs?

U - "Shehnaaz Gill... firse chhup jayegi? How much longer my love? Mujhe aur tujhe dono ko pta hai that sooner or later you'll have to be mine... nhi toh-"

I turned around facing him as Shehnaaz moved beside hands still clutching my shirt. Her tears were almost non detectable, the same cold face back on her face. From all I knew about her there was no way she could hide her emotions but the scene in front of me clearly proved that wrong. I was trying my best not to drive my fist through the guy standing in front of us.. why in the world would she be his? Aur "my love"... bullshit.

S - "Na pehle huya tha aur na ab hoga, yeh jo bhi galat fehmi paal rakhi hai tune usse bhul ja. I was never yours and never will be. Tab woh sab krne kii himmat thi tere mein sirf isiliye kyunki tujhe pta tha main akeli hu. Yeh draame se mein nhi darungi krle jo krna hai, royi toh apni kismat k liye.... apne aap ko itni importance mat de. Sidharth? Class ka time hogya"

I walk along with her letting my arm hold her into myself. I didn't really care if the people on campus saw this right now, that could be dealt with later. Her face was still expressionless but I was happy she didn't let his appearance rule over her.

Si - "Yeh kya tha baby? Mujhe toh lga dar gyi tu fir ek minute mein itna change?"

S - "Dar gyi thi, abhi bhi woh feel hai lekin iska yeh mtlb nhi ki usse jo mnn aye woh bhonk de. Is jaison ko toh meri jutti bhi na doon main. Gandi ho jayegi woh. Pehle bhi akeli thi, bohut baar.. firse ho jaungi. Usse zyada kya krlega woh."

Si - "Mere saamne bhi naatak kregi? Theek toh nhi hai tu, ab agar faltu mein dimag sadhana hai toh teri marzi."

S - "Toh kya karu? Mar jaun? Ya ro lu idhar baith k, taki sab dekhein? Fir khud bolega ki itna over krne ki kya zaroorat thi. Baat mat kr abhi merese."

I watched keenly as she moved forward to our usual seat.Kiara, Khushal and Raghav watching keenly as she moved down to sit plastering a smile across her lips. I walk over joining them a little irritated from her words. I just wanted to make sure she was okay, it was quite clear that something was eating her up inside, the sudden change of mood, the way she'd almost panicked outside to the cold answer she'd given him was all circulating my mind.

Lunch came after what felt like a decade. Not having her at her best was draining. I moved with Raghav and Khushal while Kiara dragged her along to the washroom. Uday was still on campus but it didn't seem to be for class, he'd been roaming the halls throughout the morning and the teachers were giving him skeptical looks. I ignored it knowing she'll deal with it if she has to or perhaps even let me know if she needed me.

We moved to the canteen talking about all the trips and outings that were on our plate throughout the year before moving over to order food. 30 minutes later neither of the girls were back. Khushal had already called Kiara who's said she was on her way but there was no mention of Shehnaaz. I see her entering the canteen alone, deciding to stay calm until she explained herself however it seemed as if she was totally unbothered.

Ki - "Sidharth Shehnaaz kahan hai?"

I paused for a second hearing her words. What did she even mean? They left together.

R - "App ki yaadasht toh theek hai na? Khud kheench k leke gye the aap usko. Kamaal hai, sawaal humein krne chahiye pr kr yeh rhi hai.."

Ki - "Han saath thi lekin woh aa gyi thi. Sidharth se baat krni thi usse toh woh mujhe chod kr bhaag aayi.. lekin shayad woh Uday ne rok liya ho. Subah se usi k baare mein puch raha hai sab se."

I ran out into the campus hearing his name. He'd already done enough damage. I called up Shehnaaz but there was no answer. Id already been pissed off about the whole morning situation and not knowing who he was to her and now here I was stuck with my out of hand thoughts about what could've happened. The first thing he'd said was to make her his. His facial expressions and the way she'd freaked out clearly explained that he was someone of importance at a time. You don't hate someone so much otherwise. Neither do they matter to you so much.