Arrival

Si - "Kya hogya Baby? Subah se aisi shakal bna kr kyun ghum rahi hai?"

I shook my head packing up the washed dresses back into the bag. I didn't want to breakdown right now. He got up moving to sit at the foot of the bed beside me. "Idhar aa" he mumbled pulling me into his lap.

Si - "Itna soch ke kya milega? Hmm? Bol baby"

S - "Mujhe nhi milna unse.. bohut time baad itni khush hu, nhi chahiye woh sab abhi."

I felt unguarded of everything I'd put up in the last 9 months. The life I was leading was what I'd always wanted, the happiness, people and even the love. Sidharth gave me all that I'd missed. Even right now he cradled me in his arms like a kid, gently moving his hands up and down my back. The sheer protectiveness spilling out through the way he looked down at me.

Si - "Kitna time aise rahe gi? Parents hain woh tere. Kabhi na kabhi toh milna parega na? "

S - "Parents jaise kbhi pehle behave bhi kiya toh ab kya zaroorat hai? Isse acha toh maa aa jaati, kitna khush rehta sab. Maa, Nani Maa, Mami, Mamu Tu aur Shehbaaz.. pyaar ka overload ho jaana tha"

Si - "Jaa pehle neeche dekh, subah se idhar band hai. Dekh ke aa niche"

S - "Mujhe nhi jaana.."

Si - "Do minute jaa kr aa.."

I looked up at him to find a soft smile playing across his lips. He stood me up grabbing my hand in his and walking towards the vehranda. I followed behind still confused as to what was so important about going downstairs. "Sidharth kya hai.. nhi jaana niche mujhe" I said pulling my hand out of his.

Si - "Chup Chap Dekh toh sahi ek baar"

I sighed looking over the rails, gasping at the sight I found. I looked up at him as he broke into a wider smile, staring as I raced down the stairs. In no way was I expecting this, I took the stairs 2 at a time running over to where Maa and Maasi sat along with Nani Maa. My breath was hitched from the moment I'd seen them sitting here together.

N - "Dhyaan naal aa putt, digg jayein gi"
(Be careful, You'll fall)

I bit my my tears pulling maa into an embrace. If there was anything that I'd missed being here it was her. The way she'd usually join in on my jokes and admire even the silliest thoughts to the fullest, giving me the sense of motherly love is missed out on.

SM - "Bacha, dhyaan se, roh kyun rahi hai? Mujhe toh lga khush hogi"

I tightened my arms around her, staying against her for a bit before pulling back, sitting down in between the two. "Yaad aa rahi thi aapki" I murmured softly as she leaned over pecking my forehead.

Si - "Ab bol moti, rehna hai niche ya chalein?"

I shook my head at him giving him a smile as he neatened himself beside maa. I knew this was his initiative. I'd been on call with her more often the past 24 hours. Almost any given time where I was alone.
A way of assuring myself that whatever happened wouldn't rid me of the paradise I'd created. I sat back against Nani maa letting the little surprise sink in. Flashes from my first ever hospital visit played before my eyes. The woman sitting beside me had just taken an almost 3 hour flight to be here, the other 2 like always welcomed me like this house was my own. They'd welcomed them not just into the house but into the family too, because it made me happy. The ease with which the conversation between them grew only scaring me for the awkwardness to come. Neither of my parents were like this, they never were. Sidharth pulled my hair from the back gesturing me to follow him upstairs. I resist denying, feeling it'd only be wrong after all he'd just done, of course he didn't expect a thank you or prize for it but he deserved it. The man that some of my fans till date told me to stay away from was here feeding my happiness with all that he had. No one would ever understand how assured I felt, even after all the mishaps, about this being my forever because of all the efforts he portrayed through his actions. I moved upstairs 20 minuets after him,immediately rushing into my room.