A Career Opening?

Shehnaaz :

I was happy to be over the topic that lingered between us after the third call I'd gotten that morning. I didn't want him to hear it but I had no option knowing theyd pester me all day, ruining my mood throughout. We'd walked back over to mine as I wanted to make my infamous halwa.. the same I'd made the first day here. He chilled in the balcony spreading himself over the seat like he'd gotten used to now. Since the day I returned I'd only caught him smoking once without informing me beforehand. The rain dripped from the grey clouds, filling the home with one of my most favourite rhythm.  We'd both be back at University starting a day from tomorrow, back in schedule with university projects along with the career related ones I was working with at the moment. I'd decided to agree to do a song one of Jassie's friend was offering. The video I'd already said would have to be in Mumbai and the recording I was doing from home.. all the equipment would be hear soon, filling the last corner of my dream room. It put up my paintings and places I'd visited in the corner the mike and recorder would go. I still had to tell Sidharth about it so what better way than to surprise him with the dish that got us to talk?

I head out to the swing with 2 bowls of the dessert heaven I'd created. His eyes widened along with his smile seeing the products in the bowl. I giggled handing him the one more full.

Si - "Ajj shopping Chalien? Baad mein bahana banayegi aise waise kapre leke jaane ka."

S - "Shopping toh jaana hai lekin usse pehle kuch batana hai tujhe. Kal Jassie? Yaad hai na? Toh uske ek friend ne gaana offer kiya hai, duet.. Woh bhi Karan Aujla as a lyricist. Mtlb Set pe ho ya woh first day. Toh maine socha ki haan karun ya na karun lekin fir maa ne bhii kaha ki krna chahiye aur Maahi di ne bhi toh ajj shaam ko sign krna hai."

Si - "Damnnnn baby.. Congratulations. Bohut acha kregi tu. Aur video shoot idhar hi hai na? Ab firse mat world tour pe nikal jaana."

I laugh softly telling him the details of the shoot. The excitement and curiosity he had made me love him that much more. He hyped me up as if he knew I wouldn't go wrong. It was something so simple but for someone whose craved for it all her life, it was the world given to her in a nutshell. He might not be the easiest to be with but there was no way he was anything the calls said he was. I was okay with not knowing the depths of why they were still after him. He needed time and I was ready to give that to him. Just like any relationship should. Judging him based on what his past said about him was a mistake I'd never do. There was a reason those people were in the past.

S - "Sidharthhhhh? Aise kaise so gya tu? Main baat kr rhi thi na?"

Si - "Toh kr na Baby, sun raha hu main"

I sighed loudly, clinging to one of his arms as he lay back. My fingers intertwined with his, doing a thing of their own. I lightly start to swing, having nothing else to do. The most from the rain hitting my face every time we swung forward. I giggled loving the way it felt on my bare skin. Sidharth was already asleep again. I let my hand ride up his arm lightly rubbing my fingers over the mark I'd left last night. It looked good adorning his neck under the black turtleneck he'd thrown on. He really did value his privacy and relations away from the world a lot. Seeing him outside of the premises of this building you'd think he never smiles or talks without sarcasm however one look at the life he lived inside walls and you'd be surprised to know it was the same person.  He valued family over anything. It was for them that he was still trying and that put nothing but respect for him in my heart. I didn't understand how someone who was once so close could hate on him like that. Did she not see the Sidharth that lay bedside me? If she did then how on earth did she manage to leave?  Mistaking his possessiveness out of love for the will to control was probably her biggest mistake. There's a fine line between the two. A line of happiness and respect. From what I know his possessiveness is the only way he knows how to show he loves you in public. From the past almost month he'd given me nothing but a load of happiness and respect from time to time. He admired me and my work. There's nothing more I wanted.

Tu Jo Mile Jindari Jannata ve Jannata...❣️ #sidnaazजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें