A Fear?

"Chal legi na? Wheel chair mangwa lete hai na baby? Safe rahega " I try arguing the same stance I had been for the last few minutes. I didn't like the idea of her walking whilst she already looked to tired and disheveled. I reminded myself to play her playlist of slower songs when we got into the car, they usually helped her fall asleep.

"Mere pair hai abhi mere saath aur sirf gadi tak jaana hai. Tere saath hi chalungi abhi itna mat kr please, tune bol bol k dard shuru krdeni hai mere" She reverted gesturing me to help her off the elevated bed. I sigh keeping my arm around her the entire walk outside, slightly still pissed off at the doctor for not mentioning this test earlier in the week. Our plans for the rest of the day were cancelled and I knew well enough that would irritate Shehnaaz the entire week. I had the last few shoots of mine, starting the day after tomorrow and ending in 3 days. I'd made sure they were close enough to get back home right after but both of us knew that wasnt good enough. Her mood swings and cravings were at peak, Maa trying her best to help out but it was obviously not the same. Although there was the given leniency of Maa letting her order in everything that she wanted knowing how cravings got whilst I tried to be a tad more strict every now and then considering hygiene of the places as well as the nutrition.

S - "Bebuuu? Ghar jaane se Pehle cake pick krna hai aur mujhe Dosa khana hai, bohut zyada bhuk lggi hai"

"Cake ka theek hai lekin Dosa k liye shop mein jaana hoga, rest krne kaha hai teko" I mumble, assuming that she'd want to eat right then and there if we got the piping hot dosa she likes. She frowned adjusting in her seat, murmuring a few words completely inaudible. "Baby tujhe ghar drop kr ke le aunga, abhi nhi jaa skte na aise mein? Koi mil gya toh photos aur videos ka hona laazmi hai aur tujhe aise haal mein dekhein ge toh tu khud raat ko mujhe blame kregi ki pictures kitni gandi aayi hai. Abhi chup chap baith thodi der, le aunga tera dosa" I say driving out of the crowding parking, I was glad we finished off the appointment just before peak time. We drove for an extra 15 minutes to grab the cake she surprisingly liked enough to have ordered considering her dislike towards most. She was sound asleep by the time we got back to the building, I chuckled softly wiping off the remnants of the chocolate pastry she had on the way from her lips. She'd been looking even more beautiful these past approximately 3 months and 2 weeks, the glow suiting her face. Her cheeks coming back in definitely having everything to do with it. Undoubtedly she was hot without the extra few pounds but she herself was more jollier with them. I called Neetu downstairs asking her to help me with the cakes while I carried Shehnaaz. I didn't like the idea of having her wake up and walk up the stairs or stand through the jolting elevator. I lay her in bed before moving back outside to explain what was going on although I was sure they already knew. Neetu was the quickest to understand, having helped her sister in law through it just a couple months back. Maa however reacted much like myself instantly taking it upon herself to both see if Maami or Rohan could brung back more of the homemade and grown foods they'd left last time as well as making sure to give Shehnaaz the soup she'd been trying to get her to agree to for over a week. I let her do as she please having the underlying understanding that she knew better. I head out a few minutes later, to grab both the good and something I'd ordered in to store for Shehnaaz. She'd need it soon enough, the cramps and discomfort already taking away a lot of her sleep.

Walking back into the room I found the bed empty, half a glass of turmeric milk placed on to the edge of the night table as if in haste. I walk off into the washroom finding her only in a slightly more exhausted state. She stood with one hand against the counter supporting her weight while the other washed off her face. She looked back over at me through the mirror with a soft smile, very evidently trying to hide away the pain she felt. I was assured that the baby was safe but about her I wasnt too sure. I'd take away the pain in a jiffy if it were up to me. "Khana laya na? Bhuk lggi hai aur woh haldi wala dudh nhi peeya gya mere se. bohut ganda taste hai.." she mumbled walking over. I just nod simply helping her move to the bed and discarding the glass of milk to the little sill right outside the room, I'd take it back to the kitchen later. I open up the bag of food setting it right on the bed after placing the lap table over her legs. We'd bought it recently, taking away the slight inconvenience she had from straining her neck while replying to emails and also to keep from her having to bend forward to grab her stuff.