Fishy Encounter

Shehnaaz walked over opening the door to immediately being pulled into the side of the 6'0 dude standing at our door. She was clearly not okay with it hence the immediate pull back. She hugged the women and their daughter before bringing them in. I force a smile shaking his hand as tight as I could manage wiping off the smile placed against his face. Shehnaaz like expected picked up the little girl walking her to the sofa. She'd already had the drinks and food set up. I pulled her into the sofa beside me making her sit in the armrest. She smiled softly blinking before starting the conversation.

A - "Shukriya bulane k liye, mujhe toh laga tha aise hi excuses bna ke chali jayegi, shaadi k baad jaise gyi thi"

S - "Tab tujhe bhi pta hai kyun gyi thi, School shuru ho raha tha. Aur Simran tum bolo abhi bhi modeling ya-"

Sim - "Nhi woh isse pasand nhi aur Sehaj bhi hai toh"

Si - "Arey ismein kya hai? Bache ke baad career band ho hye yeh zaroori bhi hai, after all it's a shared responsibility. Aise toh dono ko kaam chhorna chahiye"

I saw Shehnaaz smile down at me through the corner of my eyes while Akash's face visibly dropped. She served them food and he continued staring at her the entire time. I sighed softly keeping my calm right now.

A - "Baby yeh sab krne ki kya zaroorat thi? Simran tum bhi help krdo, tabse woh khud hi lgi huyi hai"

Si - "Biwi ko Simran aur mere wali ko baby? Ye kya logic hai? "

A - "W-woh isse pasand nhi hai. Sanu ko toh aadat hi hogi"

"Yen kisne kaha? Tujhe pta hai mujhe kitni nafrat hai is naam se" Shehnaaz announced coming back into the room. The little girl moved right back into her lap, munching on the treats she'd handed her. I decided to use the moment to grab my upper hand moment. "Mere bolne pe toh nhi lgta?" I asked winking at her while she laughs off her fit before composing herself. "Tu alag hai, tera bolna acha lgta hai" she murmurs causing a the couple to stare bewildered. She gets back up ignoring the stares and pushing the food back towards them handing me a slightly filled plate as well. She sat next to me pulling one of the kitchen chairs letting Sehaj off of herself as she began to feed me the delicacies she'd brought.

A - "Toh Sanu, ajj kal kya chal raha hai mtlb acting and all?  Pehle Kbhi interest nhi dikhaya?"

S - "Tune pucha kab? Interest toh humesha se tha bas right confidence aur partner nhi. Tu bta kaise chal raha hai sab? Restaurant lines and all?"

A - "Sab vadia. Bas kuch restaurant idhar udhaar bechne ki soch raha hu. Woh Simran ko vaapas pind jaana hai, usse pehle idhar wale sab ka kuch krna parega"

S - "Pind kyun? Vaise bhi Sehaj k liye toh idhar acha hai na?"

Sim - "Nhi woh bas mumma papa ke paas rahenge toh better hai. Unhe bhi disturb hota hai poora din toh"

I looked at Shehnaaz finding the same fishy expression displayed along her face as mine. We let it be contributing our parts to the conversation where required. They left soon after all the food and unnecessary comments about the past. I wasn't bothered but I still hated that he called her baby even after she clearly pointed that she didn't like it. I felt her walk back up beside me after clearing everything up. Catching her wrist I pulled her onto the arm rest she'd been sitting in before. She slightly chuckled pecking my tensed face. "Ab so jayega?" She questioned pulling at the soft stubble I'd grown. I hummed relaxing my head into her side. "Kya hua?" She mumbled softly playing with my hair.

Si - "Kuch nhi.. I missed you. Poori week"

I felt her smile as she rest her head against mine tapping against the small bandage they'd placed there. We sat like so for a while before she pulled back grabbing a new bandage seemingly to place against my forehead. I let her do as she was told letting my arms linger at her hips. I seethed our a breath as she rubbed a cold gel onto the wound before beginning to wrap it. "Baby.. please" I groan after she constantly pulled away from letting me sit her in my lap.