Wedding Plans

Si - "Tujhe sach mein chahiye abhi?"

S - "Haan, mujhe hi nhi sbko chahiye yeh. 2 saal se taal rahi hu na khud hi? Lekin dekh.. subah maami ne rishte bheje hai. Bahar mom Baaz ka sir kha rahi hai. Main bta rahi hu agar is saal shaadi na huyi toh dad ne uthake le jana hai mujhe idhar se. Fir mat kehna.. in the end he is my father. Agar kaam ke ilawa aur koi waha h hai toh bta de. If you're not ready I won't force you or samajh na.. kitni der same jawaab du sbko? SidNaaz walon ne toh humare virtual bacha bhi 6 saal ka krdiya hai.. teri baatein agar sunke toh shock se death hi ho jaani hai unki"

I chuckled reminding myself of the baby tweets. Zorawar. A name she'd simply just said because that's all she could think of at that moment had turned into a international trend. So had our virtual marriage and even fan planned events. Perhaps it was really time to set my own family. Of course I'd shy away from the actual mention all the time because I didn't feel right interfering with her career but I'd think of it all the time. "Nhi Baby aisa kuch nhi hai. I'm ready as can be bas dar lgta hai thoda. Maa aur baaki sab se baat karein subah? Meeting ke baad... song shoot hai na parso? The one with Darshan Rawal? Sab practice bhi baaki hai abhi" I mumbled sitting her against the empty desk she was still not to sure about moving. She smiled back gleefully, picking off her glasses before crashing her lips against mine.

We made our way back downstairs having dinner with Maa before the everyday walk. It seemed to be the only constant along with ice cream dates on the weekend and of course the in home sundays whenever I actually stuck to them. Believe it or not but we also went grocery shopping together too. Risky as hell definitively but she was adamant about it. Her daily Gurudwara visits were still up to date, she went with maa and me too when I was home in the mornings. It was a cleanse, a relief that we'd be fine along with everything else. The next morning I woke up to her sitting at the vanity, drying up her now almost black hair. It was longer than before too. I got up taking the hairdryer from her and doing it myself. Stealing my morning kiss while I was at it. She was still in her robe, she'd bought a pair for both of us in order to keep the washroom free and in crowded with loads of laundry. It wasn't much of a hassle for me. I usually had all my clothes laid out by the time I walked out. She got up pushing me to get ready gesturing to the time I had left. I heard her leave the room a while later, probably to make breakfast. I thought back to her words from last night. Literally nothing would change even if we got married the next instant. Nothing but her last name and of course the relationship we both shared. Only for the name though. She'd been acting like a wife for longer than I knew. I walked into the kitchen only to find her adorning a cropped top that barely made it to her midriff, only slightly hiding the tattoos she had along with high waisted jeans that fit her like a glove, tight everywhere they should be, rips against her thighs.

Her lips looked plumper than usual with the red lipstick she'd put on perfectly for once

Her lips looked plumper than usual with the red lipstick she'd put on perfectly for once. Her hair up in a messy bun with a few strands curled in the front. I couldn't help but let the sight sink in.