Fairytale Pregnancy?

Si - "Tu gadhi hi rahegi na humesha? Bol nhi skti thi? Chal abhi, faltu mein zyada time bhuki rahi toh beemar ho jayegi. Poora din gadha majduri krni yaad hai pr yeh nhi"

I let him walk the both of us over to the small table of snacks. I walk over taking a seat at the table in the far end of the hall not wanting anyone to walkover while I was eating. He came back with enough food to feed at least 4 people. "Bebu itna kyun lai aaya?" I ask chuckling slightly.

Si - "Subah se kuch nhi khaya aur abhi thodi der mein sab baras parenge, fir time nhi milega isiliye abhi kha le"

"Tu khila" I mumble sliding my seat over to him slightly. He broke off a morsel of the naan, dipping it into one of the three bowls he'd brought. Maa walks by us a while later with a few of her friends, the usual pregnancy questions starting soon enough. Sidharth grimaced slightly thanks to my over reactions the last couple of times this happened. I gave him a smile tightening my hand around the one I was already holding. We put away the food moving back over to where most of the guests stood. We were supposed to do another performance in a short while, Rohan and Baaz managing both the Dj and tables. Sidharth walked the both of us over to a few of his friends, his hand still protectively enough resting against my waist. We met a few of the people I'd last seen at his most recent launch, most of them nice enough to be around. The other few were well...lets just say a little too nosy. Constantly asking about details we both weren't comfortable sharing. "Sidharth? Main di aur Maa k paas jau? " I question seeing the dreaded faces approaching.

Si - "We'll just welcome them, fir dono chalenge. Abhi gyi toh raat ki mere gussa kregi unke kiye ki wajah se. "

"Woh toh ab bhi karungi agar hug kiya toh" I mumble putting on a decent smile to greet the two women as we inched towards them. We walked back towards the entrance giving a small glimpse of the even to the well informed media houses. They'd sort off stopped peering into our lives too much, very obviously at the request of my husband. We gave a few poses for pictures, answering a few questions we thought were decent enough. Like always his answers brought smiles to my face. Each and every time they asked him what was his favourite part of the event our what we had his answer was always me. I'd asked him a few times why too, but he didn't exactly respond ending the conversation with the promise that I'd always be the answer. Today felt like the exact happy ending I was waiting for.. or at least a path towards it. The past year had been everything including a fairytale. My version of it. I didn't want any of the disney princess stories, I wanted my own kind, a story with someone who'd give me all his attention, who'd laugh along hysterically at silly jokes half the people wouldnt even pick up, who'd play wrestle with me and not let me win just because I was a girl. A person who'll explain right and wrong but let me make my own final decision most importantly someone who'd liberate me from the usual society norms I'd let the world place on myself. Sidharth was that someone. The king to my queen. A person who indeed did value equality in relationships just as much as I did myself.

Si - "Baby? Heels utar lo dance k liye vaise bhi nhi chahiye. Pair dard krenge baad mein"

"Nhi koi na, Itni lambi nhi hai. Theek hu main aise hi. " I mumble back following him onto the small stage. The anniversary party was sort of the reception for everyone we'd not invited to the wedding, mostly everyone here. Family was here too however only people from close around. We'd made the dance less personal letting the rest of the couples join in, the past 2 hours were hard enough for me to join in on the dance floor. Sidharth moved onto the center of the stage keeping our hands clutched the entire way through. I was happy the event was coming to an end soon. I wasn't too sure I could keep the secret inside me any longer. I'd tell him right here on stage if it was up to me but I wanted that moment for only the both of us. The intimacy of the announcement requiring the same. I made sure to tell him not to drink, he agreed without much discussion. The words ended hearing the music cue in. It was one of the songs I kept on repeat for the whole last month having found it again while shooting. The lyrics sweet enough to make my heart gush.