Work Distance

Si - "Dono mein se koyi bhi. Whatever we are blessed with baby. Aise pehle observation nhi krna mujhe aur vaise bhi if we have a daughter then 1-2 years later we can get her a brother or vice versa of course"

S - " Abhi se ek aur?"

"Hmm, 3-4 babies at least.. siblings are important" I muster trying to keep my voice as serious as possible. She smacked my stomach digging her face further into my shoulder. "Wife bhi important, abhi toh first trimester hai, jab pains aur sab shuru huya tab bolna" she muttered softly turning to lay on her side. I knew it was true, I couldnt even see her stressed for too long, not liking the thought of her in pain or driven back to what she'd come out of. I trailed my thoughts back to the depression statement the doctor gave. I wanted to stay as far from that as we could along with her body insecurities. It was the least I could do for both the baby and her. I took both thoughts into account turning to face her, pecking the top of her head as I pulled her closer into me. Letting out a sigh as I felt her hands wrap around me I let myself think ahead. Wed have so much to do in the next few months, baby shopping, hospital bag, ordering essentials, keeping track of medicine and appointments, design the nursery, buy the furniture and even figure out the way to take the next number of months off after her 5th month. There was no way I was going to miss even a day after that. Not even by chance. She was by far the most important alongside our baby. We both had a shared responsibility in creating in and that should continue all the way through. Even if it pained to watch her wince with the pains wed heard about today, i was going to be by her side, just like she'd always been on mine. I had a vague memory of so manY times she couldve chosen to let me be on my own or in the care of someone else but she chose to be both my therapist and nurse in a way. Talking me out of who I once was to taking care of me after a stupid accident. Shed need the same type of care too, and I self proclaimed myself to be it. I wasnt to sure how I'd do when the baby chose to sleep between us. I smiled at the thought. I wouldnt mind, I could easily cuddle both of them against myself.

2 weeks later :

"Bebuuu? Kya hua? Aadhi raat ko kyun call kr raha hai?" I ask yawning as I moved to our room snacking on the bowl of panjeeri. Nani maa and maami had just gone back upstairs to my other apartment to sleep. Theyd arrived almost a week ago with enough food than I'd even imagined. I loved almost all of it but the panjeeri was my favourite. The blend of the whole wheat flower bond with sugar and ghee with the addition of multiple dry fruits served as enough nutrition for both my doctor and husband to be okay with me eating excess of it. It also made me less tired however to be fair it was also increasing my weight fast enough. I grabbed the glass of milk I'd already placed on my night table downing it with a spoonful from the bowl.

Si - "Tu soyi kyun nhi abhi tak?"

"Maami se tel lgva rahi thi, mujhe mere baal nhi chadne dene" I mumble taking another bite. He chuckled on the other end walking into some shop seemingly. I heard the small ring thing that rang any time you opened a shop door. "Meetings khatam ho gyi?" I ask fiddling with the loose string in the hem of my shirt.

Si - "Haan bas restaurant aaya tha, hotel food is bland. Dupeher ko khaya bhi nhi maine"

"Hmm btaya Kaushal ne, pagal panti krna vaise mera kaam hai. Ek week mein agar thoda bhi weak lgga na meko toh sab meetha khila ke vapas weight up karungi. Abhi toh Maami bhi hai yaha" I announce feeding myself the last of what I'd carried along.

Si - "please do, at least woh sab khane toh milega. Maa vaise khane nhi dengi"

"2 more days?" I ask making sure he wasnt making his stay any longer than it already was. I wanted him back too, the solace of having him around was different. I'd never feel it even with the entire rest of the family right beside me.