🌱82) Melancholy

Your pov

"You're not getting away again, this war stops now!!" Inoskue held out his swords, and ran ahead, "You'll pay--!"

Out of the ground, a sharp limb shot up into the teen's chest, knocking the air out of him, but not enough to penetrate.

"I-Inosuke!!" You hissed, barely able to sit up, "Tanjirou, hold on..!"

You crawled over to the boy, holding his head as you tried to reduce the damage done. At this point, you were sure your ribs were all smashed beyond any repair.

And the fatigue you had only worsened as you healed him..

"N-Not g-g-good, " He tried to get up but you kept him down, "(Y-Y/n)..?"

"Tanjirou.. You need to rest for a moment, please!" You felt your eyes water, 'He's done way too much, the poison his in his bloodstream and taking quick effect..'

Biting your lip, you felt your hands tremble as you realised; you might not be able to save your friend...

'I'm so sorry...'

But just when all hope seemed lost, a yellow flash ran past you, the bright light clashing with the limb holding Inosuke,

"TANJIROU, JUST FOCUS ON STAYING ALIVE, CAN YOU HEAR ME?! " It was Zenitsu again, "YOU CAN'T DIE ON US!! YOUR WHOLE FAMILY IS WAITING FOR YOU TO COME HOME!!"

Feeling a hand grab yours, you looked down to see it was Tanjirou's, "..This c-counts for you as well.. J-Just hold on.."

Your eyes glossed over with tears and you returned the hold. You hadn't even thought about it, but the situation was so mentally draining.

But your team's comfort moved you, to the point of confidence; that Muzan would be killed.

"..Yeah." You gave a small smile, glancing back three the fighting, "They are arent they.."

"Breath of the Beast; Fourth Fang, " Inosuke slashed through Muzan's chest, the demon coughing up more blood, "Mince to Bits!!"

'Their attacks are taking effect!' You watched as the man struggled to maintain a regular breathing pattern, "It's not long now-- Tanjirou!"

"I-I can fight a little more, thank you, (Y/n), " The boy got up in a flash, your healing somewhat bringing down his pain, "Solar Halo Dragon!!"

Zebitsu followed up this attack, leaning forward as he took slow breaths,

"Thunder Clap Flash!!!"

You watched as they fought with all their might, simply unable to use your legs. They were numb, and it seemed as though you had lost way too much blood.

"Shit."

You opened up your protective carrier, watching the baby still sleeping surrounded by cushions.

'Izumi...'

His fluffy black hair laid atop his small head, little hands curled by his cheeks, "Hold on..."

Tanjirou slid backwards as he managed to finally pin down Muzan, but the demon struggled violently as he saw the rising sun. Both Inosuke and Zenitsu were barely able to stay conscious.

"He needs help..!" You held your sword, trying to pull yourself across the rough floor, "YOU CAN DO IT, HOLD ON--"

Giyu rushed over, helping the boy hold the sword still as Muzan doubled in size; morphing into a giant infant of some sort.

"Giyu.." Your eyes widened at the sight, "He's trying to inflate his body mass so that he doesn't burn too easily!"

"Tanjirou!!!" Giyu yelled, as the teen was engulfed by the thick flesh, "No!!"

Holding your forehead you felt the internal message flow through your head,

"Don't let him enter the shade!!! Everyone work together!!"

The demon barged past the Water Pillar, starting to crawl down the street away from the sun.

"He can't get away!!" You touched the floor, but no ice would spread out, "Crap, crap, crap!!"

"Okay guys, now!" A team of Slayers inside a nearby building shoved a large bookshelf out of the broken wall, "Get him!!!"

It smashed onto the screaming creature, knocking it off balance and onto the ground. A car was driven at full speed by another person, the vehicle hitting the demon's arm.

"Don't retreat no matter what happens!!!" Another group of Slayers started to push over a bus, "The Pillars can't fight anymore!!"

As the bus fell, another attack was made, the wind blowing you back from the sheer power.

"Breath of Wind; Ninth Form... Skanda Typhoon!!!"

"Sanemi, " You watched the Pillar slice through the demon's arm swiftly, and chains were thrown around its neck, "Gyomei!"

The strong man kept the firm hold as the flesh of Muzan began to diminish, the villain finally stopped in his tracks.

'They did it..!' You felt your smile slowly turn into a frown as you looked around, 'No way...'

Although everyone was crying and rejoicing in happiness, there was still a dark sense of despair.

The sheer number of corpses dawned on you once more, and you felt your stomach flip, remembering something;

"Tanjirou!!" Giyu stumbled over to the boy, tears pouring down his cheeks, "I'm so sorry...I-I couldn't protect you..!"

Sad Slayer hours 🥺

A lot is about to go down though... 😭

Also, I'll be updating every other day in time with my other book!

Thanks for reading!❤