❄43) Reminiscing 🌻

"Well!" You confidently began, "How's about you tell me what's behind the pattern on your kimono."

You leant forward, your chest peaking above the water level whilst Giyu sat on the other side, legs slightly touching yours.

His eyes drifted to your lips as you spoke your previous words and he nodded.

"Right, " He looked upwards whilst you got comfy in the rose-scented water, "Urokodaki taught me a long time ago.. And I was trained alongside a boy named Sabito."

Your eyes widened at the mentioning of such a familiar name, and he glanced to your face.

"What?" He tilted his head, "Should I stop-"

"No no no, carry on, I just know of a ghost boy with ginger hair and a scar on his face," Giyu too seemed surprised, "..Called Sabito."

He sat up completely, face close to yours, "You tell me what you know then, this is so odd.."

"W-Well I'm aware he was killed in the Final Selection exam by the hand demon Tanjirou slayed, " A twinge of sadness showed in the man's eyes, "But his personality was so tough and brave.."

Giyu frowned in guilt as many sad memories flooded his mind. He looked down when he saw your small hands in his large palms.

You rubbed them in a comforting manner, "I would've told him so much about you, had I have known he was dear to you Giyu."

"I was there."

You looked up into his deep dark eyes, "Where?"

"When he died, at the Final Selection, " He squeezed your hands in gloom, "He saved me and was killed by the demon in letting me get away.."

The amount of self-hatred that was intertwined with his statement made your heart ache and yearn to resolve his hard feelings. Never had you felt the need to make someone have the weights lifted off of their poor shoulders so much.

And you knew this ran deep and tormented him every day, and no matter how hard he would train, he could never change the past.

"I could never save him, I should have died.." His deep voice wavered and you felt his grip on your hands loosen.

"Don't say such a thing!" You held his pale cheeks, "You, along with Urokodaki, Tanjirou and Rengoku-aniki are the strongest people I have ever known.. And many more!"

"But I couldn't even stay behind to help him.. He would have been twice the man I am." His eyes grew glassy with tears whilst you struggled to think of words.

"W-Well, stop comparing yourself to him!" You released his face and frowned, "He's watching you from above, and I'm sure he would be so proud of you for coming this far, so why stop now when you have unknown potential?"

You took a moment to catch your breath as the man in front of you blinked in awe, "You make me feel safe, and I struggle opening up to people.. So don't lose your mind now when I need you Giyu."

This made him cry as you spoke such vulnerable truths, "I do know that Sabito is happy along with all the other deceased children. They all love Mr Urokodaki, and so do I."

He moved to wipe his tears, but you were already on it, "I honestly love you, so don't go saying or thinking such sad thoughts without telling me."

'You just said it.' Your ego groaned, 'You blew it (Y/n)! And here comes the heartbreaking and restless nights..'

'What do you mean I blew it?'

'You said the 'l' word (Y/n), you blew down all the walls that protected you!' It sighed in anger, 'We had a good thing going; don't get attached, and you will be fine!'

You smiled as Giyu blushed from your actions, 'Yeah, I know.. But I really think I don't mind being vulnerable around this guy.'

'Ugh, whatever! Even you changed, you'll see what happens!'

You too blushed when the man wiped your cheek, "You're crying too."

A lone unprovoked tear had escaped your right eye, and you mentally apologised to your past self.

'We have to move forward, not everything leads to pure sadness.. I'm sorry.'

"It's fine, the steam is really irritating my eyes, that's all!" This made the man hurry to pick you up bridal style out the bath, "Giyu what the heck!?!"

"S-Sorry, but didn't you say it was irritating you?" You almost fainted from the skin on skin contact.

"Oh my gosh, j-just put me down please.." He obeyed your orders and grabbed some towels, you squint your eyes shut, crouching into a ball.

"My apologies, " He mumbled turning away from you as he wrapped a towel around his lower half, "I didn't want your pain to prolong."

You gasped as he too went down to meet your eyes, taking the towel to gently dry your hair, "Giyu.."

"You shouldn't feel weird since we have seen each other like this now.. I don't have bad intentions (Y/n), relax." Your muscles released all tension, and your arms went away from your chest.

"This is new to me.." You pouted as he wiped your face carefully, "I thought being naked around a man would lead to.. You know.."

Your childish idea made Giyu release a rare deep chuckle, "I would only do so if you gave me permission, I won't take advantage of you."

Your heart screamed on new frequencies whilst his manners made you feel so embarrassed at your first assumption.

You looked down as he held the towel over your shoulders like a little cape, "That green and yellow pattern on my kimono was part of Sabito's.."

You grinned leaning forward, "I know, I saw it when I met him, on his kimono, I just wanted to hear you confirm the deep friendship was real.."

He became a stuttering mess whilst you pulled him up with you, "Man, that just makes me fall for you even more Giyu.."

You shivered and walked to the door, the towel now wrapped around you, "Let's go, I want to steal your clothes."

Once fully composed again, he managed to bring himself to give you the needed directions as you lead the way to his room.

Oh la la~ :)))

Thanks for reading! 😂❤