❄60) Goodbye 🌺

Both you and Zenitsu sat for a while until the decapitated head finally spoke up, making you flinch.

"So the old man was really picking favourites!" His voice was furious, "He taught you something that he never taught me!!"

Your friend chose this time to slowly lose his conscious as you tried to keep him awake.

"Zenitsu?" You lifted his head in your hands, "S-Stay awake for me, I'll heal you but you must stay concious-"

"..Gramps was.. never like that," His voice was barely detectable as he closed his eyes, "This is a form I came up with.. myself. To fight along with you one day.."

Whilst the demon gradually disappeared, Zenitsu coughed in an alarming manner.

You quickly laid him down when his breathing pattern was no longer strong enough, opening his blazer and shirt slightly. The moment your hands made contact with his chest you were happy to see him smile.

"You'll be alright." You sighed.

"Wh-whatever you're doing right now won't be needed." A voice of a teenager made you jump, the sound almost too familiar..

He approached you in his demon slayer uniform as you tried to decipher where you recognised his aura from..

'Greyish blue hair in a side swept neat cut.. A casual resting.. grumpy face.'

Just as he was bending down to pick up the teen, you leant forward a bit too much, your dress showing off more than you had bargained.

"Wh-What the heck!?" His face turned pink as his pupils flashed into slits like a true demon, "Why are you wearing such a wreck?!"

His reaction made you giggle, "I knew it. Hi Yushiro~"

The boy backed up a few feet away as you got up, "H-How?"

"Never mind how, we need to get going, this place isn't stable!" You helped him pick up Zenitsu as you all jumped away from the collapsing room.

"I'm guessing this must be Ms Tamayo's blood demon art," You glanced at the boy's face, "Some sort of cover up?"

He nodded, eyes facing forward as you all approached a crowd of demon slayers. And all eyes were on you as you ran towards them.

"What the fuck are you all gawking at, " You hissed, putting Zenitsu down, "Focus on the incoming wounded!!"

As Yushiro got to work with patching up Zenitsu, you placed your hands onto his chest once again, trying to control your rapid worried breathing.

It never helped your healing speed when your mind was not at peace.

You glanced at his eyes as he laid still, their open yet distant appearance made you wonder if he really was speaking to someone important.

This thought put a smile on your face as tears clouded his eyes, with you quickly wiping them away. Your thumb trailed along his cheeks as you shook your head at the clear cracks.

"..His face has black cracks, " You glanced at Yushiro, "These will be reversible right..?"

The boy could only shrug, "We have to stop them from progressing, that's our main goal."

You nodded, moving your hands to his cheeks, "Forgive me if I sound selfish about my team Yushiro."

Your statement made the boy flinch as he quickly defended you, "N-Nonsense (Y/n), they are special people in your life.."

"..If I can be by their side to guide them, " Your mark glowed slightly, "Then I have the ability, to become truly benevolent.."

"Well Zenitsu is very lucky to have your healing, " Yushiro sighed, wiping his forehead, "Had he fought with that demon a year earlier.. He would've died."

Your heart sank in fear as another demon slayer barged forward to confront your blunt friend.

"STOP BEING SO DAMN PESSIMISTIC," The guy with black hair cried out as you covered your ears.

"The surrounding demons came now, nice job." Yushiro deadpanned towards his rival, "(Y/n), take this.."

You blinked as he held out his blazer to you, cheeks burning once again as you smiled taking it.

"Such a chivalrous boy." His voice cracked as you complimented him.

"Okay let's g-go." He ran ahead at full speed with Zenitsu on his back as you put on his blazer.

"Wait up Yushiro!" You chased after him, "Why are you running away from meeeee!?"

Chapter 60☆☆☆

Wowwiee, this has been a long journey!

But it's all worth it knowing I can bring a smile to people's faces~

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Thanks for reading! :)