❄28) Rescue🌹

All you could do was watch and hope that Inosuke would get out of this fight alive.

It had only been a while ago when you had noticed your own injuries, and they were beginning to drag your movements down.

You were shocked, as not only did the demon's physical body double in strength, but his aura and the energy he emitted was far darker.

"So this is a true demon moon.." You clutched onto your head, the pressure overwhelming, "Sh-Shit... Inosuke, fall back!"

You tried to call out to the teen, but he was frozen, clearly thinking about something.

"YOU CAN'T DIE!!" You cried out as he clutched his swords.

"I am a Demon Hunter, Inosuke Hashibara!!" He stood in a defensive pose, "COME AT ME, PIECE OF SHIT!!"

He was instantly punched around, the time between each hit decreasing as the attack ensued.

"Oh Kami..." You covered your mouth, other hand hovering over your sword handle.

Inosuke jumped into the air to dodge the demon as it shredded through a whole tree in his path.

"Breath of the Beast; Fang of the Third, Rip and Devour!!"

You gasped as both of his swords broke effortlessly upon the impact of the demon's skin.

And this left your friend exposed in midair, so the demon grabbed him and threw him harshly into a nearby tree.

He was grabbed by the neck soon after, the monster gradually raising him up in a deathly grip.

"I WILL NOT DIEEEEEE!!" He struggled to breathe, body shaking from exhaustion, "Breath of the Beast; Fang of the First, Pierce and Extract!"

He attempted to stab the demon with his broken swords, the overall damage doing nothing to your dismay.

All of a sudden, he paused, his spine about to snap from such pressure, and you wish you could've found out what he was thinking about..

His family?

Food?

Oh for goodness sake...

The team?

You shook your head as your eyes stung and clouded with tears.

'N-No... Not again...'

You looked down, hair hiding your face, 'Not another loved one...'

"I-I won't stand here

"I-I won't stand here.." Your eyes began to glow slightly, as you stepped forward, "A-And let you.."

Your hand made contact with your sword handle, and everything was illuminated by your neck mark.

"TAKE SUCH AN INNOCENT LIFE..."

You made a dent in the ground, as you propelled yourself at inhuman speeds, your hair gradually turning white.

"...AWAY FROM ME!!" Your blade turned transparent, and glimmered with new power, one that even you couldn't recognise.

But it made you so happy.

You smiled slightly, knees bending midair as you aimed for the arms of the demon,

🌸

.
..
...

"Goddess of Spring; Everlasting Sun rays!!"

...
..
.
🌸

The moment your blade made contact with the demon, it began to scream, the sheer positivity and hope that was laced into your attack...

It scared him...

This made him fall down in a long shock letting go of your friend, and you landed, grabbing Inosuke immediately.

Along the way back into the bushes, you noticed how in each step you took, little flowers bloomed as if by magic.

And when you managed to place Inosuke down, there was a whole bed surrounding him...

You gasped as his wounds gradually disappeared, the healing from the flowers did double what you usually could do!

Upon looking back at the demon, you saw that his eyes had melted away, and you were pleased to see that this meant he couldn't aim anymore.

"Serves you right." Your breath was still visible, as your mark turned back to black, "Thank you, Mother Nature.."

You smiled, as the demon turned to you.

'Whoops...'

It started screaming in a rage, "DAMN YOU WOMAN!!"

You braced yourself for a deadly attack, blade facing the demon, but a flash of blue passed your eyes.

It made you blink a few times...

"T-That blue..." You mumbled, eyes still adjusting to the brightness.

"Breath of Water; Striking Tide."

All you could see was the demon's arms fall off completely, and body break apart in clean cuts... And in the distance, a standing figure.

Such a familiar yukata, and the messy jet-black hair you knew too well.

His deep blue eyes met yours once again and that was when you clocked on.

Your cheeks hurt from the smile that graced your pale face, the happiness that coursed through your entire being wouldn't stop. And neither did your heart rate.

"Giyu!?"

Wooooooooohoooooooo!!!

Let's celebrate!!!! ☄🍣🍻🍶

〜(^∇^〜)

He's back! ♪~ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Thanks for reading (and putting up with me 😂) ❤