❄75) Losing 🌷

You fiddled with the messy ends of your hair as soon as you placed the teapot down.

All your movements reflected the key signs of nervousness, but of course this went completely over the Love Pillar's head.

"Oooh! Arigatou~!" She grabbed the tea and practically downed the whole thing, "Ahhh! So warm!!"

Her outbursts made the small demon in your lap stir for a moment and you pat his head.

Yuki shook her head in disappointment as you sweatdropped from her strange resilience to the boiling beverage.

You cleared your throat as Urokodaki left the room to go on the lookout, catching her attention for the umpteenth time.

"How long are you staying, I understand that you were brought out of-"

She clasped your hands as you were midsentence, "Hey! I'll stay here as long as I have to and help you fight against anymore of those evil demons!"

"U-Um right, so you wanted to know about the uh.. baby?"

Your words made the girl double take fast enough to snap her head off, her eyes widening in shock as your cheeks heated.

"B-BABY!?!??" She was closer in seconds, head resting on your tummy for any signs, "Oh my-- How long in are you? Was it safe for you to fight just then? Did it hurt?!Are they okay!! WHOSE THE DAD??!"

Your blood was rushing up to your face as she panted, hands clutching onto your shoulders. You took a deep breath, asking all your past ancestors for the strength to not scream right back..

"M-Mitsuri, please calm down.." It was a wonder how Oshi was still asleep, "Gather yourself and I'll explain.."

Like an obedient puppy, she sat still, cheeks puffed as you sighed in relief.

"Okay.. Yes, I am pregnant.. And.." You held your hand onto your stomach and took deep breaths, "Well I think.."

She leant forward as you closed your eyes to focus, trying to feel for any signs...

Just as you swallowed thickly, you said a little mental prayer, 'Please.. Mother Nature, channel my soul to bring another..'

Nothing.

Your eyes watered as there was no sound or motion, your hands clutching into tight fists.. Of course there was no pulse, you were reckless and didn't think of your consequences..

As you opened your eyes you were held in a tight hug, a warm rosy scent filling your senses.

"..I didn't hear anything.." Your voice was plain yet broken at the same time as she broke into tears..

Even Yuki couldn't help but turn away, her white wings low and large eyes shut.

"Whatever you do (Y/n), know that you did what was right today.." She pulled away, looking down at Oshi, "Because in the process of.. losing one life, you saved another.."

No matter how much she was trying to make you feel better, the empty pit in your heart that you were sure had closed began to tear open again.. The same feeling of guilt and self-hatered bubbled up as your skin grew cold and numb.

'Such a stupid girl..Such a reckless fool..' That was when your lips turned down, and a sound similar to a snap sounded in your chest.

A delicate cord of hope you protected, broke as the hot tears spilled down your cheeks.

Your head was instantly rested onto her shoulder as you sobbed your sorrows and raw emotions.

"Wh-what was I thinking.." You croaked as she rocked you to sleep.

"Everything happens for a reason.."

////

Your head was throbbing your breathing heavy as you laid still..

'It's so hot..' Your lips were chapped as you tried your hardest to move, 'I feel so drained..'

You would give anything to know where the heck you were in that moment. The temperature made your airway burn as footsteps gradually echoed your way.

When they stopped, you tried to open your eyes, only to squeeze them shut. The hot ground was replaced by two cold arms.. Your back and legs curling from the sudden change.

Sad demon hours...

Thanks for reading.. :,)