❄55) Dealing 🌺

You think it had been around a week or so since you and Yuki had officially set off to find Kibutsuji, and it had been a real eye opener.

When you expected there would be many murder sites, you had not a clue how gruesome it could get. So many innocent villagers and peaceful townsfolk, murdered brutally.. It fueled your need to find the man and maybe come to a compromise..

But soon enough, things started going to plan, and progress was being made. With Yuki going up to higher ground to look for any signs.

"Yuki, I need you to fly and look ahead," You raised your arm as she readied to fly, "Call out three times if you see anything of powerful demonic activity, I think we might be closer than ever."

"Whooo, on it!" The owl took off, leaving you behind as your ears tuned for any clues.

And sure enough, the sound you finally needed to hear made you advance ahead at high speeds.

'This is it. It took some time, but I found him..'

You swerved between the surrounding trees and bushes, "Okay Yuki, wait here please."

The said bird sat patiently within a fern tree as you soon came to a small opening.

You had to cover your mouth and nose, the stench of death lingering in the air. Tears started to prick at the side of your eyes as you activated your infrared sight.

In the distance, scattered limbs and innards drenched the leafy ground in blood.

A scream would've escaped your mouth and took your soul, had your hand not been there to catch it.

Stumbling backwards, you got a better view of the gigantic red silhouette of a monstrous beast leading down to a single standing man in the midst of all the death.

A cold stare down took place as he displayed a confident stance, his blood-red eyes peeking from beneath his black curly bangs. Inspecting you, and giving you a scowl.

Your legs almost gave way as he was behind you in seconds, his proximity making you feel slightly helpless.

But not completely, because you had the inkling he was holding back for some reason.

"I see you came." His voice was like venom seeping into your mind, poisoning your thinking, "Why are you so tense, love."

His question was more of a demand for your body to completely relax in his presence.

Your breath was shaky as you spoke, "Maybe if you weren't so cynical of a being..."

"Then what, " He sounded genuinely intrigued, finding your behaviour...

Pitiful.

His hands went for your shoulders just as you spun to face him, "Then we could talk on common ground, don't touch me!"

His hands dropped at the sound of your voice, and he looked to the side with disappointment, "Beg."

You scoffed once you took in his words, "Why would I have to do such a thing..?"

As if by magic, he held his hand forward and you screamed in horror at the sight.

"For its pathetic life." He threw the owl to the floor, her feathers now tainted red, "Or do you feel nothing at all, like me?"

Despite how much you hated it.

The idea of grovelling before the murderer of your loved ones.

'I-I just can't.. Lose her.' You started crying once again, as the demon waited.

You were about halfway from getting on your knees when she spoke up, "W-Whooo, (Y/n).. D-Don't give in, I am not worth it! I can be replaced, but your freedom cannot-"

Your palms and knees made an impact upon the forest floor to her shock, "Y-You sound so much like me.. But freedom can suck when you're on your own."

The bird stopped flapping angrily as you said those heartfelt words.

And just as he had promised, (surprisingly) he let your friend go, "Fair enough, you have obeyed me."

Your hands went to get Yuki, healing her scratched delicate skin and feather pores.

"Good girl."

Your hands stopped feeling for bruises the moment he slurred those words, almost waiting to see your reaction.

'He's just dying for my retaliation.'

So you said nothing, trying to block his words out as your hair stood on end.

Sharp nails and immense strength encased your neck, lifting you upwards, forcing you to look into his piercing violet eyes.

"I expect you to call me by my name, honorific included, " He looked at your heaving chest, "A blessed mark, hm. But does it give you any energy."

He dropped you, and air rushed into your choking lungs as you wiped your neck, "I can sort that out myself."

"That's not an answer to my question, " He bent down into your face, "I can.. provide you with the true blessing of never being hungry again.."

Your eyes shook as he looked genuinely serious and you frowned. It made you think of all the trouble you probably put the people you feed off of in.

"No matter how peaceful you are in retrieving your blood, " He held your cheek as you couldn't move.

It was as if your body had become one within his despicable trance, as if your mouth was switched off.

His thumb traced your lower lip as a lone tear fell down your cheek, his psychological manipulation eating away at your loyalty.

"Be honest, you feel like a monster."

Sorry for the lack of updates, it's been a while, ey?

Thanks for reading still! ❤