❄26) Survive 🌹

Tanjirou ran up ahead to deflect a hit that was aimed directly for you, "Breath of water; Second style, Water wheel!"

As his attack ensued, a hand grabbed you back, "Try not to die, yeah?"

"Inosuke.." You didn't expect him to care about your wellbeing like that, "I don't think this guy will be easy to take down!!"

Tanjirou seemed to have heard your message, as he quickly found himself in trouble, his blade stuck in the flesh.

"The blade didn't go through!" You gasped, as Inosuke had to quickly stop a punch aimed at Tanjirou.

"He's too tough!" Inosuke also found that even his jagged swords were unable to penetrate the demon's muscles.

Both males had to kick themselves away, Tanjirou landing in the river, and Inosuke back next to you.

"DON'T. GET NEEAAR..." The demon advanced towards your redhaired teammate, "MY FAMILYYY!"

A huge punch was released into the ground, right near Tanjirou and Inosuke leapt back over to the demon to try and get a hit. But he was far too slow, the demon easily whacked him harshly.

"Inosuke!!" You cried, stumbling over to the fallen boy, "You already have wounds!!"

While you were busy helping him back up, Tanjirou had the time to aim an attack onto the base of a tree.

"Breath of water; Second style modified, Horizontal Water wheel!"

You blinked in shock, as the demon who was about to end both you and Inosuke, was temporarily crushed under the giant tree.

"Nice idea Tanjirou!" You called to the teen, "Now finish him!"

He nodded, "Full focus. Breath of water; Tenth Style!!"

Whilst your teammate prepared his next attack, Inosuke noticed the demon getting back up, and so did you.

"Watch it..." He staggered from blood loss, which only added to your worry.

"Tanjirou!!" The demon managed to swiftly grab the log he was under, using it to quickly hit and send the redhead flying away.

But you saw his blade minimise the impact, so the instant damage was obviously buffered.

"KENTAROOO!!" Inosuke incorrectly called out to him.

"DON'T DIE (Y/N), INOSUKE!! THAT GUY'S ONE OF THE TWELVE DEMON MOONS!!" You both grimaced at that, "UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DON'T DIE!"

You held onto Inosuke as he leant onto you for support, "I've got you..."

He shook his head, getting off of you, "No.. I have you. Or whatever.."

His attempt at making you feel better in this moment made you slightly happier, but it didn't make you less anxious.

"There is just one promise we have to keep right now.." You nudged him, "And it's to survive."