❄20) Friendship 🍃

Soon, you and the two children made it to the outside of the building, with you using your infrared vision to see the way outside through the many doors.

And when you had actually met up with the heat signatures of both males, you were truly horrified, rushing over to the two.

"Pull out your sword and fight, you cowardly weakling!" Inosuke jeered kicking Zenitsu with his swords in hand.

"S-Stop fighting in front of the kids!" You immediately pushed Inosuke away from Zenitsu, who was badly bruised and beaten.

You held the wounded boy's hands as he gently blushed, "W-What are you d-doing (Y/n)?" His palms grew damp as you stayed silent, slowly aiding to him.

"I am healing you, it's an ability I have.." You shook your head, "What was this all about anyway!"

You were given no answer, just the sound of silence while Inosuke stood tapping his foot.

You turned to him, "You guys have to learn how to work together!" Zenitsu flinched from your tone, "I'm sorry.."

You let go of his hands, "I just don't want to see anymore unnecessary fighting.."

Both males began sweatdropping at the sight of your saddened behaviour, Inosuke clearing his throat just as Tanjirou came back.

His grin turned into a clear frown as he saw a mildly healed Zenitsu and a confused Inosuke.

You stood up to greet him, "The kids are together again," He looked at the happy group of children and seemed relieved.

"(Y/n) I swore I smelt a demon!" Inosuke excitedly yelled, pointing at Zenitsu, "He was in the way!"

This caused your eyes to widen as did Tanjirou's.

'He protected...'

"Nezuko.." You sadly smiled as the yellow-haired teen explained his reason.

"Tanjirou, you said this was more important than your life..." He placed a hand on the box, "So I protected it.."

He had a knowing caring look almost as if he knew that she was in there... And his acceptance of such a being made you feel teary.

"(Y/n), don't ever feel the need to hide your true identity around me too." He looked at your mask, "I know you are a demon. But I trust you enough."

Just as those words came out his mouth, Inosuke did a doubletake in your direction, making you nervous.

"SHE IS A DEMON!?" He clutched his swords in anger.

"I THOUGHT YOU HEARD ME EARLIER!!" A vein popped out your forehead as he ran towards you to attack.

"Inosuke, me being a demon doesn't change who I am!" Your hand was placed above your neck, "I have the proof that I am more than capable of being merciful even in this state!"

He slowed down when you said merciful, the mix of a demon being such a way didn't click in his stubborn mind.

But the way he saw you heal Zenitsu... Or the way you spoke so highly about Tanjirou as your partner.

He would've been lying if he said he didn't believe what you were telling him.

But his harsh and rash mental process of it all just didn't allow him to let a demon live, not while his blood was boiling in anger.

"Inosuke-" You closed your eyes, waiting for impact, when instead you heard a grunt as someone landed a few feet away in some bushes.

"Are you okay (Y/n)?" Tanjirou grunted, his momentary grudge on the wild male being cut short as he saw him get back up with rage.

"U-uh, yeah.." You sighed, nearly falling down in shock. He needed to be healed, but he still protected you..

"Aren't you a member of the demon hunters?!!" Tanjirou yelled as Inosuke stood still.

"Do you know why Zenitsu won't pull out his sword? Because it's taboo for team members to pull their blades out and bully others!!"

You gasped at the sight of Tanjirou as he started to get too angry, veins protruding in his neck. He really needed to heal, and this surely wasn't doing him any good at all!

"And you're here, enjoying yourself while others are in pain??" He clutched his hands, "You really are... Despicable!!"

Inosuke laughed at his mistake, "So that's how it is. I'm sorry." He crouched, "Then let's dual with our bare hands...!!"

You sighed as Tanjirou continued, "I don't think you get it at all! This is not something to be sorted out with bare hands!"

Tanjirou shoved you back as Inosuke attempted to kick you both.

You were sure he saw the strangeness in the boy's fighting style... And how it almost resembled the combat of a..

'...Four-legged beast!?' You deadpanned as Tanjirou continued battling with him.

Well, he was mostly..dodging Inosuke's violent attacks...

But all dodging was cut short as the feral male displayed his abnormal flexibility, by bending his back to arch his legs over his head, delivering a heavy blow to Tanjirou's.

You wanted to yell at him as he started boasting.

"I'm awesome right?!!" He cheered, "I'm awesome right?!!"

This progressed until he began acting like a spoilt boasting brat, showcasing his stupid body contortions.

He flipped over and under his legs, holding his feet to stay disgustingly bent, "I can even manage this position!" He gloated as Tanjirou shook his head.

"Don't do that sort of a position!" He then went off on a disapproving rant on Inosuke's body and wellbeing which was cute.

But the said boy didn't care about his bone's deterioration, running to Tanjirou, "Nothing can compare to that sudden thrill I had just now!!"

All attempts to fight were diffused with the help of Tanjirou's rock hard forehead, and the darned mask was finally blown off of the crazy male's head with a loud thunk.

"Calm down!!" Your teammate yelled as a head of black to dark blue was revealed.

"WOMAN!?" Zenitsu screamed as Inosuke looked up, "EHHHHH?!"

"What did you say just now..." The sinister grin on his feminine face made you so mentally confused, "Do you have any complaints about my face?"

" The sinister grin on his feminine face made you so mentally confused, "Do you have any complaints about my face?"

"Why are you so pretty? It hurts my brain." You blurted out loud.

The first chapter as part of my 'flood publish'.

This is where I don't publish chapters for a while.. But when I do..

Hoho.

I publish many!

Thanks for reading :) 😂