❄15) Overcoming 🍃

"I hope you learned your lesson!" You scolded Zenitsu as Tanjirou pulled him out of the ground.

You had actually kicked him right outside the next location: a dusty old warehouse.

'Nice..' You shivered.

"There's a smell of blood in this area... But this smell is something I have never encountered before." Tanjirou looked puzzled.

Zenitsu held his ear, "I can't smell anything at all, but I can hear a sound coming from over there?" He turned to you, "Seems like we'll have to work together in the future as well.."

You sighed, "I guess so.. My infrared vision is showing many body heat signatures."

You all gasped when two children were spotted crouching in the bushes near the house.

"Kids..." Zenitsu whispered as Tanjirou approached their shaking bodies.

He studied their faces, seeing they were clearly scared from previous happenings.

"Tada- A sparrow in my palm!~"

You facepalmed as the redhead's cheerful gest only kept the kids calm for a few seconds. But it warmed your heart nonetheless.

"Whooo, dad material." Yuki sat on your head.

"Shut up!" You shook her off, "You can head back now you know?"

She landed onto your arm, "But where's the fun in that, whooo?"

You were about to argue, but a boy was suddenly thrown out of the house.

"I knew I heard a noise!" Zenistu cried, hiding behind you, "A drum... A drum..."

"We have to defeat a demon and rescue their brother!" Tanjirou explained, "Oh my.."

He ran to the injured person, "Are you okay?" He held them in his arms.

"I got out... Finally.." The boy barely whispered, "Ah... Finally got... Out..."

You could see the deep wounds the boy had, and knew no amount of your healing could save his poor soul.

"Am I going... To die? I am... Going to die?" Tanjirou hugged the dying male.

Suddenly a large growl was heard from within the creepy building. And just as the echos stopped travelling in the area, the little heat that you saw in the boy's body had disappeared.

Tanjirou looked even more upset, mouth turned in a low frown. You fixed your mask to hide your tears better.

"He... He isn't our brother." The young boy managed to say, "Our brother wore yellowish brown clothing..."

Tanjirou laid the body down to rest, probably promising to give them a proper burial.

"So a lot of people are being kept prisoner." Tanjirou outwardly concluded causing you to emotionally snap, "Zenistu, (Y/n) let's go-"

Your mask released cold visible air as you brushed past your teammate, "You don't have to tell me twice." You took out your white sword.

'Dammit. All those innocent lives!'

You inwardly grimaced at such unneeded violence. It made you feel upset and disappointed in your kind.

Tanjirou placed Nezuko's box down in front of the two kids, and caught up to you in the building.

"W-W-Wait up you guys!" Zenitsu scrambled up to you both, clutching your hand.

"G-Get off!" You tried shaking off his hand, but he wouldn't budge.

"P-Please (Y/n), I am genuinely pissing my-"

"FINE! Fine, okay jeez!" Your cheeks turned red as he stood close to you.

"You guys can't come in here!" Tanjirou yelled at the children who had followed you inside the building.

"It's... It's because big brother's box is rattling around..." The boy broke into a cold sweat.

"Even.. Even so, you can't just leave it there!" You sighed at how much he overworked himself, "That box is something even more important than my own life..."

Just as the kids were going to apologise, the sound of drumming was heard in the hallway, and you used your sword to steady yourself on the ground.

Zenitsu still clutched your poor gloved hand, but momentarily held you close in a protective manner.

As the rooms changed over, you took time to look at his face, seeing how he seemed so confident for only a few seconds.

Then he had to ruin it.

"Uwahhhh, we got split up!!!"

You blushed, pushing him away, "The boy!" You ran over to the scared child, holding his hand, "You okay?"

He nodded, "I'm scared." His hold on your hand increased as tears fell down his cheeks.

"M-Me too.." Zenitsu's eyes poured out with crocodile tears, fighting for your affection.

"Oh, grow a pair!" You spat at the nervous wreck of a Demon Slayer.

His moment of confidence earlier was so strange.. Considering this is how he behaved now..

'Such a crazy constrast..' You sweatdropped, wiping the child's tears away.

"You'll be okay.." You hugged him for a moment, "I've got you.."

"But what about the other man?" He faced Zenitsu who was praying to God.

A vein popped out your head as you thought of an excuse, "H-He will... Uh,-"

"GONNA DIE GONNA DIE GONNA DIE, I'M GONNA DIE DEFINITELY DYING!!"

The young boy in your embrace made his way to the screaming teen, "Do you plan on running away by yourself? You keep on crying about dying and dying don't you feel any shame at all? Is that sword on your waist a fake?"

Your jaw dropped as Zenitsu was officially roasted by a child.

"THOSE WORDS ARE SHARP!" He cried, falling back.

"I don't trust you at all! I'm sticking with (Y/n)!" He ran to your side, leaving the blonde to wallow in self-pity.

You started opening doors, "I'm guessing that the drumbeat changes our whole location.. Zenitsu, start opening doors!!"

The said male twitched, doing as told, "Y-Yes ma'am!" He frantically began sliding the many entrances.

Until one had opened to reveal a random man wearing a..

"Boar head?!" You screamed as the said male turned in one second, hot air bursting out his snout.

He smelt the air before pointing your way, "Female in heat."

And just like that, he bounced off of each wall in the room with immense strength and speed. Darting down the hallway and out of sight.

"MONSTER! AH-------!" Zenitsu was busy yelling while you...

Well, you were wondering how in the hell that boar-head guy knew your ovulation pattern in one sniff.

'Perv..'

So guess who you just met!

:) Guess..

😂😂 One big chapter for you guys!

Thanks for reading! ❤