❄10) Trust 🍀

After you were given some gloves and got dressed in the official uniform you bid farewell to your master. He gave you both one last hug, and let you and Tanjirou leave the nest.

While Tanjirou had the male uniform, you had the female standard of a black skirt and blazer. But you also wore thigh length socks to protect your legs from the sun and your original mask.

 But you also wore thigh length socks to protect your legs from the sun and your original mask

You were currently making your way to your next destination: a place where young girls had supposedly gone missing.

Tanjirou was walking ahead of you whilst you followed him.

These past couple of days, you hadn't spoken to him that much, your hunger really bothering you. And you would be lying if you said he did not notice your change in behaviour.

But Nezuko knew. You only told her about your struggles because she understood.

He stopped walking abruptly, turning to face you and your heart sped up (of course it would).

"(Y/n), I need pure honesty..." He began, as you fidgeted with your blazer.

"Tanjirou, we have a mission, this can wait, I'm sure," You brushed past him, "You and I both know it can-"

His hand grasped your gloved one, pulling you back,

"H-How do you feel about me?"

Your face darkened under your mask. That was no way near what you thought the boy would ask at that moment.

Silence filled the area as you struggled to make a sentence, "T-Tanjirou..." He nodded his head, a determined expression on it despite the bright red that decorated his cheeks.

As much as you would have loved to tell him how you felt, you knew it would be best to leave it for now. It was unprofessional and unsuitable; you had a mission, and every second counted.

You held his cheek, sighing, "Afterwards." He leant into your touch without even realising, and you tried hard to not to hug him.

The innocent crush he had clearly developed for you just made him more important to you. But you knew your emotions were unstable...

"When we are done, I will tell you. We have to focus right now." You dropped your hand, slowly walking ahead, "Come on."

/////////

Once you had both made it to the village, it became clear just how bad of an effect these demons were having on the townsfolk.

Rumours about many girls disappearing were whispered in the streets, and your eyes locked onto a distraught man. His eyes and body looked lifeless as he passed you.

You nudged Tanjirou, "He looks troubled, maybe he knows something."

Your teammate nodded, "He does, that aura around him is so sad..." He gestured at the crowd, "His name is 'Kazumi' apparently."

So you both approached the troubled man, "Excuse me sir,"Kazumi jumped from your tap on the shoulder,

" Sorry for startling you.. My teammate and I would like to know about the demons that have been tormenting this village."

He looked shocked at your openness, and quickly answered, "O-Of course!"

Kamuzi led the two of you to the place where he had last seen his fiancée Sakato, "You might not believe me.."

"I believe what you said!" Tanjirou shocked both you and the boy as he got onto the floor to catch a scent.

His loyalty and trusting nature were truly admirable at times...

"The scent is so strong!" He got up and ran in the direction of the smell.

"He's so fast.." Kamuzi followed you as quick as he could.

"Sorry about that..." You slowed down to his pace as Tanjirou jumped over a building, "But we are making progress, which is good." You smiled in your mask.

Your voice reflected pure hopefulness. And that was just what poor Kamuzi needed.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I went to see BTS at the Wembley Stadium! 💜💜💜

But I am back, and hopefully, there will be another chapter today!

I might make Tanjirou a slight love potential... What do you guys think?

Is the age gap too big, or does it not really matter?

Thanks for reading!