❄70) Back 🍂

A week later...

The sound of the crackling fire and your sniffs were the only main noises that travelled through the house that night.

You clutched the piece of paper as you read the words that caused your heart to break.

You hadn't even known the young man that long, or got the chance to sit down and talk to him.

His death was yet another fallen protector gone, another pillar removed from this on going war..

"..Muichuro.." Your voice was strained from the many previous hours you had spent crying, "Another life.."

A warm large hand took you away from the saddening thoughts for a moment. You glanced upwards to see your teacher, his usual mask still set upon his face.

He took a seat by the fire too, with Nezuko now resting peacefully again.. She still hadn't come out from her coma, but your headaches seemed as though they had come to a halt.

But the sudden news from a messenger bird that another pillar had passed, shook you out from your settled mindset.

"This fight is still on-going.." You mumbled, eyes set on your blade for a moment, "I was naive."

"..(Y/n),  everyone must choose to realize things or stay ignorant, " The old man's voice steadied you, "Don't take your learning mistakes as voluntary choices."

You bit your lip, "It's too late, I already messed up, the consequences will be horrible.. W-Won't they..?"

You were a nervous wreck.

Knuckles, a bone white under the pressure of your grip on your clothing, mouth growing dry as you struggled to stay still.

"Step in line then."

You gasped as you saw his head was facing you, the context of his phrase sending shivers of thrill and fear down your spine.

"Step in line and fill the gap of a faltering foundation, " He got up and grabbed your blade, "Bare your sword again with a hungry guilt. Quench it, with each successful kill. Sacrifice once more to become stronger."

The air was thick as he unsheathed your ice white blade, pointing it your way.

"If you're unsatisfied, then why sit in dissatisfaction?" He watched as your eyes grew wide, hands moving away from your stomach, "That's not who I trained."

Your heart sped up as he edged forward, grip on your weapon unwavering as he went back to give a sudden attack.

Your muscles contracted, a rush of adrenaline pumping through your veins as he just about missed your neck by a hair.

He skilfully stopped his powerful attack before it could destroy his wooden flooring. And you landed behind him, panting from shock.

"What the hell.. was that Urokodaki?!" You stood still in defence, "You trying to piss me off?!"

"Precisely." You could practically hear his grin as he threw your sword back into your steady grip, " I'm glad to see you still have mobility.."

His comment made your brow twitch in irritation as he stood facing you again.

'D-did he just call me fa-'

"I mean it, " You focused again on the man, "I want to see you thrive (Y/n).."

Your temper vanished as he effortlessly reignited your passion. The passion that was put out once and foolishly lost when it was right in front of you.

You gave him a close eyed smile, bowing for a moment, "Thank you again.."

"Enough of your respects, " He made you jump from his quick movements to head to the door, "I picked up on some demon scents, they are heading up the mountain.."

He looked back at you, already dressed in the red yukata he had met you in. Blade strapped onto your hip with Yuki coming out from the room where Nezuko was sleeping.

"Don't leave me out of this, whooo!" She flapped onto your stretched arm, " Oh and, Nezuko too!"

Her words rang in your ears as both you and Mr Urokodaki turned to see the girl run out of the room.

Her eyes vibrant with a happy smile on her face as she glomped you in a hug. Your teacher choosing to watch the wholesome moment.

You broke into tears as she rubbed her head into your cheek, "Nezuko, d-did you miss us that much?"

She pulled away for a moment before nodding, "Hm!"

"Then let's have some fun!"

I'm back~