❄45) Growing 🌻

Currently, both you and Giyu were heading out for his planned surprise, and to be honest you really didn't know what to expect.

Every time you asked him for a hint, he would just give you a plain response that made you even more confused.

"You really waited until this late for us to go out somewhere.." You laughed putting on your sandals, "You're a gem Giyu, I'll give you that."

The said male smiled at the sight of your uncovered face, savouring your shown beauty whilst the sun went down. You held your parasol and brushed your new uniform trousers.

"You ready (Y/n)?" Giyu stood by the exit, waiting for you to join him.

You looked back at Yuki who flew onto your arm, "Whooo, I'm heading back to the Master, see you until then (Y/n)."

"Bye Yuki, send my greetings, " She opened her wings and soon enough took off into the sky, "Stay safe.."

A hand came into your view as you approached Giyu, and you gently smiled taking it, "Let's go then."

///////

The streets of the small town you were in had a relaxing cool air, as the sun had given it's shift to the moon.

Through walking in the empty streets, happy families inside of houses could be seen spending time together. And you would be lying if you said the sight of a mother holding a child hadn't struck a cord in your maternal heart.

"Do you ever think I will be able to have that..?" Giyu turned his head to follow your gaze and sighed.

"A family of your own?" You were pulled closer to him whilst he looked up, "It's possible, no matter what it consists of.. Tanjirou and Rengoku proved that to you right?"

You blushed from his closeness and nodded, leaning into him, "You think you could be a father of demons now?"

Your statement made the man flinch and  blink, "They are still children (Y/n), and will you not be cured by then.."

You stopped walking, a small frown on your face, "Would that still matter to you?"

He turned, brows raised, "I mean, if that is how you would wish to stay, I guess I would support it.. But what about the child's life?"

"What do you mean, they would have stable parents of course.." You walked to catch up to Giyu.

"A child demon would be even more susceptible to dangers than a grown one, no matter how tame, " He started taking steps, "You should know that (Y/n)."

'He's starting to sound like a parent..I should've said nothing..'

"Nevermind, we'll worry when the time comes I guess.." You sighed as you both reached a park.

It was empty and didn't have much, but a huge field with tall trees.

You squinted your eyes to look in the distance whilst Giyu watched you humorously.

"Is that a river?!" You started running the moment you saw glistening reflections of moonlight on the stream, "Come over here Giyu, it looks so pretty!!"

The wind increased as the male you called soon enough sped over by your side, seeing that you had found the various koi fish.

"Honestly you outdid yourself, these fish are gorgeous, and the moonlight refracts on their scales so beautifully.." You took off your sandals and sat on the edge of the bank.

"Glad you like it, I usually would bring them bread when I got the chance, " Giyu took a seat next to you, legs crossed.

Soon, a sweet and tranquil silence came over both of you, and Giyu reached for something in his blazer.

This didn't go unnoticed by your keen eyes, but the shock still became etched on your face as he showed you something so wonderful...

Your eyes widened whilst he held it up to you, "Giyu.. Now I owe you.."

You smiled, gently taking the present into your hands, "You can put it onto your sword handle if you want."

"That's exactly what I'll do!" After putting the keychain away, you glomped the man in a hug, "Thank you so much.."

He tried to return it despite the fact you were affectionately crushing his arms to his sides.

"G-Glad you liked it (Y/n), " You finally released him, "Do you want to head back now."

He gave you a plain expression whilst you blinked in confusion, "Eh? We've only been here for about 8 minutes Giyu."

The man squirmed under your calculating stare, "You didn't plan any further did you.."

He started sweating buckets whilst his head bobbed a few times in a 'yes' motion.

"Sorry, I'm no good at things like this.." He seemed genuinely sad and your heart pounded in regret.

"N-Nevermind, it's okay you did amazing Giyu!" He still didn't seem pleased with himself, so you mustered up some courage, and grabbed his collar, "This is our break day, so we're gonna make the most of it."

Your cheeks burned whilst his lips connected to yours in a long kiss. His hands rested by your sides as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

In that moment of connecting, it was as if all the other things going on around you both just stopped and the world took a standstill.

All in one kiss.

You were ready for a few more seconds, but he clearly needed a break, literally moving away at light speeds.

"W-What's up?" You rubbed your swollen lips with a grin, "You got aroused from a kiss?!"

He tried to shake it away, and ignore the clear bulge that decided to inhabit his trousers, but your bullying wouldn't stop.

His hands went from his waist to your mouth, "Don't say it so loud (Y/n)."

Tears pricked at the edges of your eyes as you broke into a fit of laughter, "You made my day Giyu!"

"Annoying girl.."

This will be the last 'off-task' chapter, as training with Giyu is soon to come in the next chapters! :)

Thanks for reading! ❤