❄30) Help 🌹

Both you and Giyu had managed to track down Tanjirou and Nezuko's whereabouts, but your vision was beginning to blur due to excessive use.

"Sorry Giyu, this may be just your fight." You sighed, fatigue beginning to catch up to you as you reached the opening.

"It's fine, that's what I am here for, " He leapt into the fight, freeing Tanjirou from the inside of a weird looking cage.

You ran over to grab the terribly weak boy, "(Y-Y/n)..."

His eyes quivered in exhaustion as Giyu stood in front to protect you both.

"You did well up until now, leave the rest to me, " He turned to you, "Heal him please-"

You grabbed both of Tanjirou's hands, "I'm on it!"

Whilst you gradually replenished the energy the redhead had lost in his battle, you overheard the many fighting techniques Giyu had used.

But the one that piqued your curiosity had to be the last one, that ended the small demon boy.

There wasn't even any sign of his opponent's attack! He managed to diffuse it somehow, and completely erase its effects.

Once the head of the demon was fully removed, you spoke up, "M-Mr Urokodaki only teaches his students up to 10 style moves..."

He glanced your way, "So that move of yours, 'lull', you made it yourself?"

He took note of the eagerness in your eyes, and how you clearly were interested in his special attack.

"I did." His eyes focused on both teens resting by you, "It is my unique technique, and I'm sure you have your own sword style?"

You smiled in pride, "Y-Yeah, I decided to focus on it... The Breath of Snow just speaks to me you know?"

He blinked in confusion, "No, I don't. Sorry."

His clear worry of upsetting you made a tonne of laughter erupt from your throat.

He watched in amazement as your whole being lit up in such contagious happiness. Nobody would suspect you had been through so much in only 3 years.

You were so busy laughing, that you hadn't noticed his small smile as he put his sword back.

But when you calmed down, wiping away tears you saw him staring into the distance.

"Tanjirou, " His voice was now serious as he spoke to the boy sat by his sister, "Don't feel sorry for a demon who ate humans, and doesn't matter if they had the appearance of a child..."

He stood onto the clothing the demon had worn, "He is an unsightly monster who lived for thousands of years. I will relentlessly wield my blade against the demons, that's a fact."

You stood up from your knees, "Then what about me."

"You were different (Y/n)..." He seemed in conflict but made a quick answer.

"Is that really all it takes for a demon to be spared by you?" Your eyes held deep emotion, "Then there are so many others that could've had such a chance. That boy was one of them maybe..."

You gestured at the cloth beneath the man's feet, "Please remove your foot. It's disrespectful."

Giyu sighed in slight annoyance, "(Y/n), this demon... He killed many humans, and that can not be dismissed."

"He is dead now, so stop dismissing his pain throughout his life." You snapped, making his eyes go dull in a matter of seconds.

It hurt you to see this, but he had to understand a balance was needed.