❄23) Embarking 🌹

With the help of Zenitsu's constant whining, you managed to get only 3 hours of sleep.

Which was great, considering that yet another crow decided to give your team an order to head straight for somewhere called,

"Nagatumo mountain..." You groaned, pulling up your socks, "And only a day after the last incident too."

Everyone was still in their pyjamas, but you, Tanjirou still holding the bird whilst Zenitsu flirted with Nezuko.

"GET READY TO HEAD OUT!!" They all scrambled out the room apart from Nezuko, who you helped into the box.

////////////

"We'll be going now," Tanjirou bowed as you fixed on your mask, "Thank you for your care."

The old lady smiled using a rock and a special stone with the words 'victory is assured' on it, "I shall light some sparks for you..."

Unlike the rest of you, who were truly touched by the act, Inosuke took it to offence for some reason..

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING OLD HAG!!" He struggled in you and Tanjirou's hold.

Zenitsu stood in front of the poor lady, "Are you stupid?! The old lady is helping us ward of evil spirits!!"

You nodded in agreement, "We are going on a dangerous mission right now, so apologise!!"

Your tone made the rambunctious teen stop in his tantrum to turn to the lady, "Sorry."

"I wish you luck on your coming battles," She bowed, "No matter what may happen, please live your lives with your heads held high."

Even though he had started walking away along with you and the others, he still turned back in confusion.

"Heads held high? Luck for our coming battles?" He turned away, "What does that mean?"

"Always clueless.." You sighed, " That was the old lady's way of praying for our safety."

Tanjirou added in, "It means that we should really try to understand our current standing, and upon this standing, we must make the right choices-"

"Without any fear of shame or embarrassment." You interrupted as he smiled your way, "I get it."

////////////

"W-Wait!" Zenitsu cried from behind you all, "Can you please wait, it's so scary..."

This made both you and Tanjirou deadpan.

"You really piss me off.." Inosuke stood in front of him, "Why is this guy sitting down..."

"IT FEELS MUCH SCARIER THE CLOSER WE GET TO OUR DESTINATION!" The blonde yelped as you picked up on some distant calling.

"Save... Save me..." You and Tanjirou turned to see a boy, dressed in demon slayer uniform.

You both went ahead to him, "Something has happened to a member of the demon hunters!"

"Are you alright!?" You held out your hand to him as quick as you could, but he was suddenly flung upwards to all your shock.

"EVEN I WAS TIED TOGETHER!!" He screamed in horror as all you could do was watch in fear, "Save me!"

Tanjirou shook off his shock, facing into the dark woods, "Let's go.. And save him."

"I shall be the vanguard!!" Inosuke proclaimed as you smiled, "You can just bring your trembling buttocks and follow me!!"

"Healer and support, call me for any medical help!" You placed a hand on your neck mark, "Kicking ass whilst spreading love.."

This made Tanjirou laugh, as Inosuke couldn't grasp your joke.

"I'm hungry!" He yelled to nobody in particular.

"He's just waiting for a chance to go all-out.." Zenitsu shouted from behind, (still on the damn floor) like a true hater.

////////////

With the aiding of Inosuke's two sharp swords, the team moved deeper into the dense forest.

"Tch, there are spiders everywhere!" The masked teen huffed, "So annoying!"

"Inosuke!" Tanjirou suddenly uttered making said male snap back.

"What is it?!!" He did a ridiculous defensive pose.

"Thank you.." The redhead decided to make time for appreciation in the middle of a deadly forest.

"Inosuke coming along really brings me a lot of confidence.." He continued.

"Yeah, I have to agree.. Strength in numbers, right?" You laughed, while the feral boy just stood in a daze of thinking.

"Inosuke!" Both you and Tanjirou snapped him out of it, just as another uninformed boy was spotted in the bushes.

Tanjirou went ahead before you, spooking the scared teen, "I am Tanjirou Kamado, rank 10. I am here for support."

"He is showing clear signs of trauma, something horrific happened.." You leant down slowly, "Tell us what happened.."

"Rank 10..." He mumbled, facing you, "WHY DIDN'T THEY SEND US A PILLAR?!"

You sighed, trying not to take offence, "The results will be the same, no matter how many level 10's come! It's pointless!!"

You gasped as a hand pulled you away from the boy, the other fist giving him a harsh punch.

"I-Inosuke!" You gasped as said male lost his temper.

His grip on your wrist loosened hearing your voice, "DO NOT LET HIM TALK TO YOU LIKE THAT (Y/N)!"

He gave you to Tanjirou, grabbing the boy's hair, "If you keep on insisting that things are pointless, then your very existence is pointless."

Your eyes widened, realising that this boy most likely was your senior, and couldn't believe how Inosuke asserted his anger!

"Hurry up and explain the situation, you coward!!"

"After... After receiving our commands..!! From the crow...10 members got here..." He paused to catch his breath, "However, after entering the woods, t- the other demon hunters... They started to.."

"Kill each other..!!"

Whilst you stood in shock at the news, little did you know that two people would be receiving an emergency summoning...